- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- Public Health Specialist – HIV/TB (All Interested Candidates)
- Open Period:
- 12/12/2019 – 12/31/2019Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0550 11
- TZS TSh91,377,394
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 Hours a week, work schedule
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- 1inDar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- HR Section
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Public Health Specialist – HIV/TB at CDC Tanzania.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
The Public Health Specialist (HIV/TB) works under the supervision of the Care and Treatment Team Lead to provide technical assistance and oversight to the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MOHSW), the National AIDS Control Program (NACP), Zanzibar AIDS Control Program (ZACP), and NGOs in the implementation and expansion of HIV/TB activities in Tanzania. The incumbent serves as the primary CDC contact for implementing partners for all issues related to CDC-supported HIV/TB program activities. The incumbent will identify and recommend new areas of HIV/TB activity to improve approaches and maintain mechanisms to facilitate collaboration with stakeholders in the country. Serves as the Project Officer for HIV/TB components of multiple CDC-supported cooperative agreements in Tanzania. Serves as a primary contributor to the planning, development, and review of the HIV/TB components of the annual Country Operational Plan (COP) for Tanzania.
Detailed PD is attached separately to the VA.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years of working experience in clinical services or public health which includes management and treatment of patients with HIV/AIDS and/or experience in HIV/AIDS public health programs is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited university with a doctoral level degree in a medical discipline is required. And additional internship of one year and residency training to qualify the incumbent for a license to practice medicine is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) in English (speaking, writing and reading) is required. And Level IV (fluent) in Kiswahili (speaking, writing and reading) is also required. (this may be tested)
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Doctoral Level Degree in medicine discipline
- Professional License to practice medicine
- Proof of Citizenship
- Copy of work permit (if not a resident)
- Other (if any)
- Other 2 (if any)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
CLOSING DATE: December 31, 2019
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!