U.S. MISSION DAR ES SALAAM VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS
The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the positions below. Public Health Specialist – Laboratory Advisor (Lab Branch Chief)- CDC (All Interested Candidates).
- Position Title: Public Health Specialist – Laboratory Advisor – CDC (re-advertised)
- Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2019-025-RA
Under the supervision of the Associate director of programs, the incumbent serves as principal assistant and key advisor to the CDC Country Director in the designing Implementation coordination and evaluation of a broad range of CDC-funded laboratory services in Tanzania. The Laboratory Services Program is part of the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) initiatives as well as other USG funded initiatives in Tanzania. Job holder is responsible for planning and implementation of laboratory services and strategies; incumbent provides leadership in the development, implementation and evaluation of laboratory services programs in Tanzania; incumbent provides technical oversight of the project planning and implementation. Job holder is the key liaison with senior government officials at the highest level and provides advice to the Country Director on Tanzania’s policy environment and the best positioning of CDC in the country’s national laboratory program strategies. Key government contacts include the Minister of Health and Social Welfare senior-level officials in the ministry. Incumbent works closely with the supervisor to ensure that all program activities contribute to measurable results that are in accordance with agency regulations, PEPFAR strategic objectives, international ethical guidelines and standards for public laboratory services. Job holder supervises 4 public health specialists and oversees all technical, administrative and management functions that support the implementation of the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Major duties are attached separately on the Vacancy Announcement.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years’ experience working in a laboratory clinical setting is required. As well as two years’ experience at the supervisory level with multiple staff is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Masters in Applied Biology (Microbiology) or Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited institution is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluency – speaking/reading/writing) in English is required and Level IV speaking/ reading/writing Kiswahili is required. (this will be tested)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Strong oral and written communications skills are required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required is available at https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applicants MUST follow instructions in the notice on the website:
- Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
- Previous applicants do not need to reapply.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email.
CLOSING DATE: November 19, 2019
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!