Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established on 2005 and our efforts work towards creating environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Public Relations & Marketing Officer
Reports to: Senior M&E Officer,
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 1 year contract
Public Relations & Marketing Officer will be responsible for public relations and marketing and help to implement planned activities to strengthen M&E team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing promotional materials and publications (brochures, social media post, etc.)
- Preparing press releases and building positive relationships with media
- Developing PR strategic plan and guideline
- Developing and managing official website
- Seeking opportunities for partnerships
- Developing branding strategy and PR campaign focusing on main programs
- Supporting official event to raise organization’s awareness
- Manage Public Relations issues
- Any other related duty as may be assigned.
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- Bachelor Degree; Public Relations, Communications or any related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in public relations or similar PR roles.
- Experience managing media relations
- Proficiency in MS office and social media
- Familiarity with video/photo editing
- Communication skills
- Deadline oriented with great follow up and reporting skills
- Problem solving skills, creative and Innovative in decision making, flexibility
- Submission of Portfolio or any output i.e photos or video edition
- All applications should be sent with enclosed cover letter (addressed to Human Resource Division P.O. Box 33104 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania), detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees to: E-mail: [email protected]
- Deadline for application is not later than 20th January, 2020.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.