Marie Stopes Tanzania (MST), a Non-Governmental Organization, is a social enterprise and a leading provider of family planning, sexual and reproductive health care, and allied services. MST is a partner of the Government of Tanzania and a member of the Marie Stopes International (MSI) Global Partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide. MST is committed to its employees, clients, children, and vulnerable adults’ protection, and has zero tolerance to any sort of harassment. MST promotes a speaking up culture whereby employees work transparently and are empowered to report any existence or potential existence of harassment at workplaces.
MST’s mission is that all women and men in Tanzania will have “Children by Choice, Not Chance”.
We are looking for active and qualified individuals for the following roles: Women are more encouraged to apply:
Job Title: Public Sector Strengthening (PSS) Manager:
Reporting to Clinical Quality & PSS Lead. The PSS Manager will be responsible for managing of assigned PSS channel implementation to meeting project deliverables for donor funded projects at the field level. The PSS Manager supported by PSS coordinator overseas, monitors and facilitates the activities of all PSS sites, in completion of donor funded projects assigned, participates in promoting sexual reproductive health, ensuring the services providers do observe clinical quality standards and reports regularly to MST Support Office in Dar es Salaam.
Among Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and ensure that the PSS channel delivers as per annual business plan
- Ensure that the annual business plan objectives for the channel including client number served, method-mix and trainings conducted are met/exceeded.
- Develop good relationships and partnership with various stakeholders at the field level especially the local government authorities and relevant Ministries.
- Lead the implementation of the PSS model in all our Public Sector Sites supported government health facilities while ensuring capacity building to LGAs for sustainable efforts by providing quality family planning services provision.
- Promote family planning services provision
- Improve number of women served: Ensure the teams are supported to deliver services to their capacity.
- Monitor availability of necessary equipment and supplies to the teams: Update on supplies of commodities and equipment for family planning provision.
- Coordinate demand generation activities: Organize activities that will increase number of clients visiting the PSS facilities.
- Manage proper data reporting
- Liaise with HMIS focal personnel in MST and MOH to improve entry, analysis, and usage of collected data to improve PSS impact.
- Access DHIS system, share data with relevant users including management team on MRP.
- Ensure timely preparation of project reports according to set project reporting calendar.
- Oversee capacity building component for public sector site staff
- Liaise with Clinical quality manager to plan and implement annual competency assessment for all Public Sector Site staff.
- Plan and participate in internal audits, including follow up and completion of actions that will be developed as part of the audits.
- Abide by MSI requirement of visiting every site once a quarter by developing and managing field supervisors who will oversee the sites>
- Monitoring and evaluation of project
- Working with M&E team in the production of quality donor deliverables including annual and quarterly progress reports, presentations, etc. for Clinical Quality and PSS Lead review.
- Organize events to disseminate information on supporting projects and program implementation and evaluations through written reports, presentations and PSS shared learning forums.
- Participate in both internal and external evaluations: Work with Research team to carry out project evaluation.
- Degree in Medicine or Nursing. Master’s degree in public health or relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Additional qualification in project skills in overseeing financial utilization and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of Reproductive and Sexual Health and Right issues, including family planning services, related to the public and private sector, CBO, FBOs and NGOs.
- 3- year experience in managing donor funded projects including project budgets, strong administrative skills and experience.
- Experience working with CSO’s, CHMT’s, RHMT’s and National level bodies advancing SRHR issues.
- 2- year experience in the field level coordination is desirable.
- Sound experience in the field of quality of health care.
- Sound experience in the fields of family planning and advocacy.
- Experience working in Tanzania with the Tanzanian government and Ministry of Health systems.
- Ability to network and create positive, mutually co-operative relationships.
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Able to prioritise complex workload and work independently.
- Numerate (for performance analysis and budget development) strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili, including strong public speaking and writing skills are a must.
- Strong administrative skills as well as analytical in problem solving.
Mode of Application:
If you feel that you are able to meet the requirements, and you are motivated enough to be part of the team, please send your application CV and cover letter by email detailing your suitability and why you are interested in the post, to the address below:
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Marie Stopes Tanzania
Plot 421 & 422 Mwenge | Kijitonyama area
P.O. Box 7072, Dar es Salaam | Tanzania.
Telephone: +255 22 2774991-4, +255 22 2702030-2
E-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: All applications should reach the addressee before Friday, May 27, 2022. Only short- listed candidates will be contacted.