PURCHASING OFFICER -1 Position
CMS (Tanzania) Limited is a highly respected mineral exploration drilling company with operations in Tanzania. An industry leader in safety with ambitious growth strategies, we are seeking applications for a dedicated and professional Purchasing Officer who would like to join our dynamic team. This position will provide the opportunity to be part of a team that contributes towards the exciting growth of the mining industry in Tanzania.
Purchasing Officer – 1 Position
- Conducting product research and sourcing new suppliers and vendors.
- Sourcing materials, goods, products, and services and negotiating the best or most cost-effective contracts and deals.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of emerging trends and business opportunities.
- Inspecting stock and reporting any faulty items or inconsistencies immediately.
- Updating and maintaining records of all orders, payments, and received stock.
- Coordinating with the Expediting Officer and following up on delays or orders that have been rescheduled. Attending product launches and networking with industry professionals.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients as well as vendors and suppliers.
- Ensuring all stock is packaged appropriately and delivered to the correct location in a timely manner. Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Following and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and logistics, or a related field may be required.
- Previous experience in a similar position at least 2 Years.
- Proficiency in the relevant Procurement management software programs/ERPs.
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication and negotiation skills.
- Great organizational and planning skills.
- The ability to identify market trends and make decisions in a high-stress environment.
- Excellent networking and time management skills.
- Worked in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Teamwork skills and Excellent time management skills Math, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency in spreadsheet software, inventory management tools and accounting applications Registered member of Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPTB)
How to Apply:
Please ensure that you mention www.mabumbe.com as the source of this job advertisement.
If you think you have what it takes, please send your resume to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 8 November 2022.
CMS(Tanzania) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage everyone to apply.