Tutorial Assistant – Faculty of Science – Pure Mathematics Jobs with the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant positions at the Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE) situated at Chang’ombe, Temeke District in Dar es Salaam.
Job Title: Tutorial Assistant (5 posts)
Area of Specialization
(i) Faculty of Science
• Pure Mathematics (I post)
• Physics (Electronics) (I post)
• Physics (Advanced Mechanics) (l post)
• Chemistry (Environmental Chemistry)( I post)
• Biology (Entomology) (1 post)
Applicant must boo a holder of a Bachelor Degree from a recognized University with a minimum GPA of 3.8 or higher and a minimum score of B+ in the relevant subject. Qualified Women are encouraged to apply.
(b) Duties and Responsibilities
i. This is a training post; the staff is required to undergo Masters Degree training’ programme;
ii. Undergo an induction course in pedagogic skills for those who had none before;
iii. Understudy senior members, including attending lectures and seminars, tutorials and practical training;
iv. Conduct tutorials, seminars and practical;
v. Assist in research, consultancy and outreach activities; and
vi. Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the relevant authorities
(c) Salary Scale: PUTS 1
i. All applicants must be citizens of the United Republic of Tanzania;
ii. For Tutorial Assistants positions, applicants should not be above 30 years old;
iii. Women are encouraged to apply;
iv. Applicants who are in Public Service should channel their applications through their employers;
v. Testimonials, Partial Transcripts and Result Slips shall not be accepted;
vi. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the Curriculum Vitae shall necessitate legal action;
vii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary and advanced level of secondary education should be certified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA);
viii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
ix. Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on the date of interview.
• Applicants should submit handwritten applications with the following: Resume/Curriculum Vitae having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers;
• Two recent passport size photos, Certified copies of Academic Certificates, transcripts and the applicant’s birth certificates;
• Names, positions and contact addresses (including telephone numbers) of three referees should be provided in the resume/Curriculum Vitae.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the:
Deputy Principal – Administration,
Dar es Salaam University College of Education (DUCE),
P. O. Box 2329,
Dar es Salaam