VACANCIES FOR THE SCHOOL YEAR 2022/2023
QUALITY ASSURANCE & TRAINING MANAGER
The Quality Assurance and Training Manager is responsible for the academic and operational quality maintenance and enhancement across the school. He/she will oversee the implementation of the curriculum and school policies, liaise with other academic institutions and ministries and conduct training of staff as need arises.
- Be up-to-date with external and internal quality requirements of the syllabus taught in the school:
- Have a good overview of the Cambridge Primary and Lower Secondary Checkpoint requirements, as far as content and skills are concerned and progression therein.
- Be familiar with content and skills taught in IGCSE and A-level, in the subjects offered by the school.
- Be aware of the BTEC syllabus and liaise with the respective Quality Nominee.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in syllabi at all levels and initiate possible improvements and resource requirements.
- Provide data on current performance in Teaching and Learning (in order to identify areas of success as well as areas that need to be improved)
- Ensure, in collaboration with other Senior Managers and coordinators at all levels, that the school’s Teacher Performance Assessment policy is implemented.
- Evaluate the outcomes of Teacher appraisal.
- Ensure that appraisal outcomes of outstanding and good practice are given due appreciation.
- Identify individual and groups of Teachers’ needs for improvement.
- Evaluate students performance data (termly, yearly) to identify different students’ strengths and needs for support.
- Conduct examination specific evaluation (Check point Primary., Checkpoint Lower Secondary, IGCSE, AS and A-level) for discussions with parents(open day).
- Develop the school into a Cambridge Centre for Professional Development (PD)
- Register with Cambridge Assessment to become Programme Leader.
- Prepare and supervise the recruitment of teachers and implementation of the courses as per Cambridge requirements.
- Follow up on other PD qualifications offered by Cambridge, BTEC and others and ensure that teachers can be registered.
- Develop in-house programmes to meet teachers needs for training/coaching/mentoring and oversee its implementation.
- Conduct education research to find out “what works best for learning
- Keep up-to-date with themes and educational research through Cambridge and other sources.
- Encourage teachers to try out new approaches and support them in evaluating their effectiveness.
- Plan and oversees strategic, operational, and administrative programs, projects, and/or services of broad significance to the organization within the designated functional area of focus.
- Contribute to the establishment and implementation short and long term school goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitor and evaluate programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effect changes required for improvement.
- Provide strategic advice and recommendations to the management in the development, implementation, and evaluation of new or modified operating policies, practices, and procedures within the specified functional area of focus.
- Attend Senior Management and appropriate school sub-committee meetings.
- Identify the types of skills, knowledge, understanding and experience required for current staff members and those to be recruited.
- Provide professional consultation and leadership to all departments and staff employed by the school.
- Analyze, design, document, and implement internal reporting systems and procedures for the school.
- Design, coordinate, and implement training programs for staff within the school regarding the nature and application operating policies and procedures.
- Manage and provide day to day leadership to all departments and staff.
- Represent the school to government agencies, other organizations, and the general public. Occasionally represent the Principal or the CEO at various community or business meetings, as assigned.
- Ensure the health and safety policy is implemented at all times, put into practice and is subject to review and assessment at regular intervals or as situations change.
- A Masters in Education is necessary
- More than Ten (10) years teaching experience
- Working knowledge of Cambridge Curriculum
- In-depth understanding of government policies on Education Institutions
- Five years’ experience in Managerial Level at an International School
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken language skills especially English and Kiswahili All certificates attached should be certified.
Please deliver your applications, CV/Portfolio with references to the school office in Msasani Beach Plot No.92, Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni DSM OR send via the email address below. The applications should be addressed to Ms. Lightness Kileo, The School’s HR.
E mail: [email protected] Tel: 022 2781515 MOBILE 0772111228
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is 30th June 2022.