The Institute of Accountancy Arusha is a parastatal academic institution offering Undergraduate and
Postgraduate training programmes. It is established by the Institute of Accountancy Arusha Act No.1 of 1990 and is located at Njiro Hill, seven kilometers Southern-East of Arusha City.
To become an exemplary centre of excellence in modern business management training, research and consultancy services.
To provide high quality, competence-based training and offer research and consultancy services through applied technology.
The Institute of Accountancy Arusha hereby invites applicants who are competent and qualified to apply on the following positions;
Quantity Surveyor 1 post
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare BOQ and carry out an initial appraisal
- Advice on the need for Contractors, sub-Contractors and Suppliers to design and execute part of the works to comply with the Client/Architect’s requirements
- The Quantity Surveyor will prepare and furnish preliminary cost advice to the Client/Architect.
- Carry out studies as may be necessary to determine the economic viability of the Client’s requirements and review cost implication of alternatives designs and constructions approaches
- Advise on the implications of any subsequent changes on cost of the project and on the overall program.
- Bring up to date the cost plans so as to establish proper cost control during execution of the works.
- Prepare production information incoming designs specification of materials and labour
- Assess project variations and prepare progress report
- The Quantity Surveyor will assess and ascertain claims arising from the delays for extension of time.
- Produce periodic financial reports and other forecast related to constructions
- Advice on contractual matters
- Holder of Bachelor Degree in Building Economics/Quantity Surveying or related field.
- Must be registered with Architecture and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board (AQRB).
- Must be conversant with Microsoft projects for programming.
- Master’s degree and project management skills will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of force account guideline and implementation is desirable
- At least eight (08) years’ experience in a busy Quantity Surveying firm;
- Must have proven evidence of work experience in Construction industry;
Nature of Employment – Contract
Remuneration Attractive package in accordance with IAA salary structure.
General Conditions to Interested Applicants: i. All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania
- Applicants must attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) bearing reliable contacts, postal address, email address and accessible, reliable mobile phone numbers and three reputable referees
- All applications must be attached with relevant copies of academic certificates & transcripts – Form IV & VI certificates,
- Birth certificate iv. Form IV result slips, partial testimonials or partial result slips are strictly not accepted
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies and universities should have been authenticated by The
- National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and TCU
- All attachment should be in one PDF document.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be informed on the date for interview
- Application letters should be in English.
- Application letters and documents should be sent through Email
All applications should be directed to:
INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANCY ARUSHA
P. O. BOX 2798
Through email: [email protected]
Deadline for applications is 23rd December, 2022 at 04:00 pm