The Arusha Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (AUWSA) is a legally established entity responsible for the overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Arusha City. It is among of the best Authorities in Tanzania.
The core function of the Authority is to provide clean, portable and wholesome water to Arusha City residence and some part of Arusha and Arumeru Districts, disposal and treatment of waste water from customers connected to the central sewerage system.
In order to attain its vision and mission, AUWSA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanians to fill the following vacant posts within the Authority’s establishment.
QUANTITY SURVEYOR II (1 POST)
Appointing Authority: Management Committee.
Reports To: Technical Manager
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Shall be a holder of a Certificate of Secondary Education and Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education;
- Shall be a holder of Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics or its equivalent from a recognized Institution;
- Must be registered as Quantity Surveyor with Architects and Quantity Surveyors Registration Board.
Nature of Employment: Unspecified Period Contract
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in preparation of Bill of Quantities (BOQ) for in-house built projects for water and wastewater works and recommend for construction; ii. Participate in preparation of Cost estimates for in-house built projects;
- iii. Participate in preparation of Biding Document for in-house built projects for water and wastewater works and recommend for construction; iv. Collect information and statistics about the price of construction materials for water projects;
- Participate in reviewing the proposals of various projects submitted by Consultants; vi. Participated in inspections and assessment of the quality of projects executed by the contractors;
- Participate in reviewing BOQ for water and wastewater projects implemented by private sector and recommend for construction;
- Participate in analyzing claims raised by contractors in various events during project implementation; ix. Participate in reviewing Interim Payment Certificates (IPC) from the Consultants; and
- Perform any other duties related to the above as assigned by supervisors.
All above vacancies carry an attractive competitive salary and remuneration package in accordance with the qualifications, required skills and experience stated in specific vacant post and AUWSA’s Scheme of Service and Salary Structure.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania and not more than 40 years of age.
- Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply by sending their application letters attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- The CV must incorporate all contact: telephone numbers, mobile, postal address, e-mail and physical address.
- Only Certificate of Secondary Education (CSE) and Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education (ACSE) from National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) are accepted, result slips are strictly not accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examination Bodies, Colleges or Universities should be verified by NECTA, NACTE or TCU.
- Only short-listed candidates (who meet requirements) will be contacted for interview.
- Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
- In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to posses the following traits:
- Excellent communication skill.
- High integrity and ability to adapt to changes quickly.
- Capacity to work hard, under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholders.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned so as to reach him/her not later than 25th February, 2020 16:30 HRS. AUWSA is an equal opportunity employer woman with the required qualification and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
ARUSHA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
Tel: + 2547186, 254 8981,
Fax: 254 7163,
E-Mail: [email protected]
- Total Jobs 8 Jobs
- Location Arusha