The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
RADIOGRAPHER – (1 POSITION)
- Prepare exam room and equipment to conduct Ultrasound or Mammographic examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures
- Perform a variety of complex specialized tasks utilizing ultrasonic high frequency sound waves to detect abnormalities including masses, abscesses, and stones. Assist physicians with biopsy procedures, guiding biopsy instrument using Sonographic techniques.
- Perform ultrasound procedures, color doppler vascular examinations, abdominal studies and color-flow ultrasound, Ob-Gyn procedures as required.
- Prepare exam room and equipment to conduct X-ray examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Reviewing imaging request; checking for special instructions and confirming anticipated service with patients before examination.
- Monitors the patient’s physical condition and ensure their comfort during the procedure; report patient change of status or emergency situations to clinical staff, supervisor and/or Radiologist
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Radiography from a recognized University /Collage.
- Must be registered with the Medical Radiology & Imaging Professionals Council.
- At least one year of working experience.
- Be familiar and experienced in JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.