- Ensure all outstanding items are accurately reconciled, all initial investigations and subsequent follow-ups are done promptly.
- Ensure all items outstanding beyond the required time (days) are reduced to nil.
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- Reconciliation of the Intercompany Accounts across the Subsidiaries.
- Reconcile Tanzania Nostros and Central bank accounts.
- Ensure balances in both ledger and Nostro/ Intercompany accounts are correct.
- Modify all unreconciled items; append them to respective business units and branches using references. Send the modified items to the business units and branches.
- Follow-up via e-mail, swift chasers, and telephone to ensure that the respective Subsidiaries/ business units/ branches uplift their outstanding items.
- Apply for write-off or absorption of long outstanding items which cannot be resolved.
- Ensure compliance with key control standards as per group requirement.
- Ensure all the statements are complete and correct.
- Follow up on missing statements.
- Reconcile all matching entries in the accounts with entries in ledger statements.
- Follow up on outstanding and or unresolved items with branches, Head Office Units, subsidiaries, and corresponding Banks.
- Responding to queries from other branches, Head Office Units, subsidiaries and corresponding banks.
- Follow up on item without cover; liaise with branches, Head Office Units, subsidiaries, and corresponding Banks to reverse any erroneous entries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking, Finance, Accounts and Risk
- CPA will be a value-added advantage.
- Masters will be value-added advantage
- 2-3 years of experience in Banking Operations