The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position below.
Position Title: Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
Vacancy Number: DaresSalaam-2020-004
Installation, troubleshooting, diagnose, maintenance and repair: 50%
This position is responsible to install, troubleshoot, diagnose, maintain and repair all Heating/Ventilation and Air conditioning Equipment, air handling equipment, all humidity control equipment, all associated pumping systems, piping systems and control systems, and all electric refrigeration systems at the embassy residences and the embassy compound.
Maintains and repairs all systems such as Chillers, Air Handling Units, Air duct working systems, compressors, cooling units, condensers, valves, relays, switches, piping and Freon gas recovery and replacement systems, additionally performs electrical work on the control systems and power supplies. Identify all required parts, materials supplies, inputs these into the procurement systems and estimates his/her projects or repairs completely. Plans and schedules work load in conjunction with Supervisor.
Prevention maintenance inspection: 40%
Duties include performing Monthly prevention maintenance inspections , examination and surveys of equipment and prepare reports on the condition of equipment with recommendations on repair or replacement work required. Prepares monthly/weekly inventory requests for parts and materials needed for preventative maintenance program. Conducts the preventative maintenance program with the other A/C Mechanics. Provides recommendations to Maintenance Supervisor and Facility Manager on equipment replacements,
repair, and modifications to existing standard operating procedures.
Keeping track of Heating/Ventilation and Air conditioning (HVAC) 10%
Operate and keep track of the performance of all Heating/Ventilation and Air conditioning (HVAC) systems at the Embassy and at all GOV Owned \long term and short term lease residences .Maintain records of all materials used in maintenance works for HVAC.Work with manufacturers’ manuals and technical drawings as necessary.
Performs job activities and duties in a responsible manner to avoid the creation of safety or health hazards; conforms to established safety and health policies and procedures; properly utilizes appropriate personal protection equipment as required by the job activity; informs supervisor of all accidents, illnesses and injuries; promptly reports unsafe or hazardous conditions.
Any other duties as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five years work experience in air-conditioning, Building Automation Systems (BAS) hardware, Chiller System experience, AHU (Air Handling Units) and Split Pack experience is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary School (form IV) is required. Completion of technical vocational school or equivalent training is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (good working knowledge) in English (speaking, writing and reading) and Level IV (fluent) in Kiswahili (speaking, writing and reading) is required. (this may be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Valid driver’s license class B&D id required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Secondary School (form Iv) Certificate
- Copy of Technical Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Proof of Citizenship
- Other (if any)
- Other 2 (if any)
- Copy of work permit (if not a citizen)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted only via email.
CLOSING DATE: February 6, 2020
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!