Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) is a voluntary humanitarian organization established as an independent National Society (NS) by an Act of Parliament No. 71 of December 1962 amended by Parliament of Tanzania in September 2019. TRCS was recognised and admitted to the membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) in 1963.
National Societies are recognized by the host Governments as auxiliary to the public authorities in the humanitarian field, meaning that they supplement or support the public authorities in this area. As such, they are equipped to partner with the Governments in the fulfillment of national humanitarian responsibilities.
TRCS is the largest and most dependable local partner in delivering humanitarian services in United Republic of Tanzania. TRCS has an active network in all regions in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. Most importantly and because of its credibility, Tanzania Red Cross Society receives supports from a broad range of partners including the International Federation Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), the International Committee of Red Cross (ICRC), the American Red Cross, the Spanish Red Cross, the Belgian Red CrossFlanders, the French Red Cross, the Italian Red Cross, the China Red Cross and the Korean Red Cross. Partners from UN Agencies are UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP and UNFPA; and other partners are the EU, USAID, CDC, BPRM, JHPIEGOand PACT Tanzania.
If you think you meet competencies, qualified, ambitious, efficient, energetic and ready for the challenge, please apply for the following openings at Tanzania Red Cross Society.
Current existing staff and volunteers of Tanzania Red Cross Society are encouraging to apply.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Work towards the achievement of the Tanzania Red Cross goals in Tanzania, through effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships and accountabilities.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the supervisor/ line manager.
- Share and act in accordance with the Red Cross/Red Crescent fundamental principles and humanitarian values.
Job Title : REFUGEE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Reporting to : Director of Disaster Management
Department : Disaster Management
Age Limit : 35 to 55 Years
Duty Station : Kigoma/Kasulu/Kakonko Contract Duration : 1 year, renewable
The job holder is responsible for the coordination, management, development and representation of Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) programming in the area of operation. S/he oversees program implementation according to TRCS strategies and ensures that operations are implemented within TRCS regulations, procedures and guidelines to enable a productive and accountable relationship with beneficiaries, communities’ leaders/representatives, relevant governmental authorities, National and International NGOs, UN Agencies, and the donor community in general.
The Refugee Program Coordinator is the TRCS field management representative with relevant actors in the area of operation. S/he is the line manager for all staff with area responsibilities and s/he is responsible for ensuring a result oriented team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To represent all aspects of program and operations and has overall accountability for the area of operation
- To act as the primary TRCS representative in the area of operation and attend all relevant forums/meetings in order to strengthen TRCS position in the area, including government authorities and relevant stakeholders
- To foster relationships with Government authorities, national and international organizations and other relevant stakeholders in the area of operation
- To maintain close working relationships with donors, notably the sub-offices of UNHCR, UNICEF, WFP, and other UN Agencies to nurture current partnerships and lead negotiations for further partnerships.
- To organize and host donors during visits to projects sites
- To closely coordinate with the senior management team at TRCS HQ ensuring regular information flow
- To ensure oversight on quality and timeliness of proposals and reports before submission to TRCS HQ and Donors/representatives Desired Qualifications and experience:
- University degree in Health Related Course, with Master degree training/courses either in management, public health, international relations, or any other related field from a reputable academic institution is a must
- A minimum of 5 years management experience, overseeing humanitarian and development multi-sector, multi-donor programs in complex and volatile environments
- Proven experience in strategic development and program design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Practical and extensive financial, HR and administration management experience with extensive knowledge of budget development/management and finance documentation.
Mode of Application:
Interested candidates with the required qualifications and experience are advised to submit their application letters to the address mentioned below; together with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of at least three referees; certified copies of academic certificates; Birth Certificate or National ID or Passport (Provide only one document) and other relevant awards.
Applications may be submitted directly by hand delivery to either TRCS Headquarter – Dar es Salaam Office; TRCS Kigoma Office; TRCS Ngaraganza Office – Kasulu District; TRCS Makere Office – Kasulu District, TRCS Kibondo – RFL Office and TRCS Mtendeli Office – Kakonko District.
No applications will be received/considered through email or any other form of online submission.
Only short listed candidates meeting the minimum set criteria will be invited for interview. If you do not hear from us within two weeks after the application deadline you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
Tanzania Red Cross Society (TRCS) does not CHARGE A FEE at any stage of the recruitment process.
All applications are free for all candidates and no one should give any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. Should the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to TRCS – HR Department through Organizational Official Email: [email protected].
The Secretary General,
Tanzania Red Cross Society,
Mwai Kibaki Road, Mikocheni B, Plot No. 53, Block ‘C’,
P.O Box 1133,
DAR ES SALAAM
Tanzania Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
The deadline for submission is 24thJanuary 2020 by 16.00 Hrs.
- Total Jobs 105 Jobs
- Location Arusha