APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. Over the years, APHFTA has engaged the Private Health Sector and Public Health Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Project.:
Position Title : Regional Accountant-cum-Admin Assistant ( 5 positions)
Reports to: Project Accountant
Department: Finance and Administration
Supervisory role: None
Location: APHFTA Regional officers (Morogoro, Iringa, and Tabora)
The Project Accountant cum Administrative Officer shall be responsible for (i) the accurate and appropriate recording of disbursements of Project funds; maintaining the set of books required according to APHFTA, USAID and the Government accounting procedures, classifying and summarizing financial transactions of the project and the generation of required financial reports. He/She will also be responsible in updating all other books of accounts such as subsidiary ledgers and special registers; (ii) administrative support to the operations of region, ensuring the smooth functioning of administrative systems under the project.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or financing, or any other relevant field;
- At least 2 years experience as accountant, experience in financial and accounting and administration, preferably with international development project;
- Good knowledge of administrative and accounting regulation and procedures of the Government
- Proven track record in project management such as in meeting deadlines, timely submission of acceptable deliverables, etc.;
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Knowledge of the Quick books or any systems similar;
- With satisfactory skills on the use of office software packages such as MS Word, Excel, Accounting software and Power Point; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Instructions to interested applicants
- Submit your updated detailed CV (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), with application letter for the position being applied for and copies of academic certificates
- List of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts
Deadline of Submission
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail [email protected]
The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.
Be cautious: Never pay for securing a job: No Real employer seeks any fee from a job-seeker at any stage of the hiring process. MABUMBE does not charge candidates for job applications or job offers. Mabumbe.com is committed to ensuring that all job ads on our site are for legitimate job opportunities. Report any employer asking Money from you.
Subscribe to FREE Job Alerts!