The IOGT-NTO Movement Sweden is currently looking for a new regional representative for our office in East Africa. The position is based in Arusha, Tanzania. The region comprises of Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. Currently the regional programme is funding 14 partners in these five countries.
As Sweden’s leading organisation working to reduce harms caused by alcohol and other drugs, we offer an opportunity to contribute to a world where people can live a free and rich life. The IOGT-NTO Movement see the use of alcohol and other drugs as development barriers, in order to contribute to the democratic development and reduced poverty.
Our head quarter is located in Stockholm, Sweden, and we have regional offices in South-East Asia and East Africa. Together with our partners we work in East Africa with policy and advocacy, community development, vulnerable children and the Scout Movement.
Areas of responsibility
- To provide strategic leadership for the regional programme
- Overseeing narrative and financial reporting, and budget processes
- Ensuring that internal control mechanisms are in place and fully implemented
- Identifying and engaging donors in the region and overseeing application processes.
- Managing the staff (7) at the regional office and providing good leadership and strong team spirit.
- Proactively initiate method development in close dialogue with the regional staff and the head office
- Build and maintain relationship with stakeholders
- Carry out regular field visits
- Conduct regular context analyses by keeping track of major political and social developments
- Represent the IOGT-NTO Movement Sweden in East Africa
Education and qualifications
- A Master’s degree in development, health, social welfare or finance
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in senior management positions
- Strong and documented leadership skills
- Documented communication skills and experience from advocacy work
- Solid experience in finance management and budgeting
- Strong knowledge in project cycle management, log frames and result matrices
- Experience of working with other international organisations is an advantage
- Excellent understanding of a Rights Based Approach
- Experiences and track records of fundraising
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge in French is an advantage
- Analytical and strong reporting skills
You will initially be offered a one-year contract and be based in Arusha. The successful candidate will
work under the supervision of the Deputy Secretary General, based at head office in Sweden.
You are welcome with your application containing a Cover Letter and CV not later
February 22,2019 to the IOGT-NTO Movement HR-department [email protected]
Contact person for this position: Deputy Secretary General Jens Rosback, [email protected].