To provide effective leadership, management and implementation of SBC activities in order to contribute to overall objectives of AFYA KAMILIFU project. Supporting the AFYA KAMILIFU team by providing SBC technical advice to partners and government stakeholders to ensure activities are implemented based on evidence-based SBC approaches, follow current practice, and established standards to ensure quality and rigorous design. Be responsible for leading and coordinating the documentation and dissemination of knowledge to implementing partners to ensure consistency in the scale up of activities.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning, Organizing/coordination
- Initiate and assist the planning process with Implementing Partners, local government and community leaders.
- Liaison with the regional/district government staff to plan community mobilization activities
- Assist in the preparation of annual work plans, timelines, budgets and reports for TCDC
- Participate into regional as well as district planning sessions, share TCDC annual work plan to be incorporated into Regional Health Management Team plan.
- Develop and implement regional work plans
- Oversee implementation of SBC activities in the region
- Participate in national, regional, district invited or organized events
- Assist in the preparation of annual work plans, timelines, budgets and reports
- Build capacity of the Community Health workers through effective coaching and supportive supervision to enhance their project managerial skills.
- Coordinate SBC activities and ensuring the outputs are delivered on time and in accordance with regional Targets.
- Coordinate AFYA KAMILIFU activities in the region in collaboration with RHMT/CHMT
- Attend and represent TCDC in all key regional health technical meetings, present and provide feedback of meeting proceeds.
- Maintain a database of all partners, their contacts and location; interact regularly to present AFYA KAMILIFU strategic issues and clarification.
- Liaise with the district government staff to ensure mutual collaboration between Councils and other Ips
- Acting as TCDC representative in the region meetings, and maintaining strong links with the community leaders, government, and other stakeholders also to Advocate and influence government bodies, and partners on the organization activities at regional level and ensure there is good working relationships between government, private partners in reaching our goals.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Support AFYA KAMILIFU PROJECT and CHW by conducting support supervision visits on monthly basis to identify areas requiring support and as appropriate seek assistance when needed and provide regular and timely feedback to high-level management as needed on key challenges hindering the implementation of the program and suggest solutions for improvement.
- Work with M&E team to monitor all AFYA KAMILIFU SBCC activities in the region
- Collect and compile quality and timely regional monthly operations reports and disseminate them to all stakeholders in the region as well as provide solutions/plans that would lead to the improved or continued
- performance of the program activities.
- Provide report for supportive supervision and on-going monitoring activities
- Share project success story or stages of behaviour change in the project
- Properly use all community event guide lines to monitor field activities
- Ensure accuracy of data collected from field/community events and reported in the available M&E system.
- Present qualitative and quantitative results to regional and districts stakeholders including other AFYA KAMILIFU partners.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative research results from internal and external sources for better programming and implementation of campaign activities in the region.
- Degree qualification in social science-related studies, international development or other related fields required
- Minimum of four (4) years field and technical experience on social behaviour change with focus on HIV and TB.
- Strong project management experience and financial/budget analysis skills
- Personnel management experience is required
- Four years (4) experience in program planning and multi-cultural and remote personnel management experience
- Ability to become a thought leader in the field
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must
- Ability to develop well-written, cohesive analyses and reports
- Track record of building strong client and stakeholder relationships
- Ability to identify and understand issues and opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, use effective approaches for developing appropriate solutions, take action that is consistent with available facts and probable consequences, communicate with and seek guidance from regional program management team.
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
- Willingness to be based in Katavi region and to travel to remote rural locations
How to apply
If you meet the criteria given and are interested in the positions, please send an application letter and updated CV combined as one PDF document. Include three referees.
All applications should be sent through email at [email protected]. The subject on your application should be the position you are applying for .The closing date of applications will be Friday 28th November 2022; 17:00hrs.
Direct application through other emails or hand delivery will not be accepted.
TCDC doesn’t require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of recruitment and selection process.
TCDC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation in any employment decisions.
TCDC regrets that only short listed candidates will be contacted.