APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. Over the years, APHFTA has engaged the Private Health Sector and Public Health Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Project.:
|Position Title :||Regional VMMC Coordinator (5 positions)|
|Reports to:||Deputy Director Project Coordination|
|Supervisory role:||All Regional Staff|
|Location:||APHFTA Regional officers (Morogoro, Iringa and Tabora)|
Regional Coordinator(s) will oversee the project activities within their respective regions and will report to the Deputy Director Project Coordination.. The Regional VMMC Coordinator will ensure the highest quality of VMMC service provision that adheres to international and national standards/protocols. She/he will provide overall strategic leadership and direction to ensure achievement of Project objectives and targets at the region. She/he work hand in hand with the Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R&CHMTs) and Cascade Teams in ensuring that implementation of the Project’s activities is sustainably aligned with and done according to the government policies and procedures.
Desired qualifications/ Competencies
- A Degree medicine, public health, social sciences or any health related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention, care and treatment, especially VMMC
- Demonstrated experience in training clinical and community-based healthcare workers on health related matters
- Skilled in at least two or more of the following technical areas: strengthening service delivery projects; training; performance and quality improvement; monitoring and evaluation
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of Tanzania healthcare system, particularly the public health system
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
- Excellent skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships
- Expertise in operational research that includes identifying and adapting best practices to specific project contexts
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and Excel
Instructions to interested applicants
- Submit your updated detailed CV (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), with application letter for the position being applied for and copies of academic certificates
- List of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts
Deadline of Submission
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail [email protected]
The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.