APHFTA is an Umbrella organization of the Private Health Sector (Self Sustaining) in Tanzania. Over the years, APHFTA has engaged the Private Health Sector and Public Health Facilities in the delivery of public health goods under the Ministry of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) partnering to improve the quality of care in health sector and to achieve the objectives of Health Sector Strategic Plans, the National Strategy for Poverty Reduction and Economic Growth (MKUKUTA) and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
APHFTA is looking for qualified, experienced, and interested individuals to apply for the following positions at APHFTA headquarters and regional offices under the SAFE VMMC (Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision) Project.:
Position Title : Regional VMMC Data Manager (5 positions)
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
Supervisory role: Council Data Entrants
Location: APHFTA Regional officers (Morogoro, Iringa, and Tabora)
The Regional Data Manager will be responsible for management of SAFE VMMC Project related data at the facility level within the allocated region/s; This involves data collection, compilation, analysis, validation throughout the project implementation as per of the MEAL framework. She/he will participate on facility based supervision and capacity building of internal the site staff and CHMT to set a groundwork and relationship for efficient data collection.
S/he collaborates with MEL Manager to provide feedback on data collection and indicators; analyzes data reported. The Regional VMMC Data Managers will work with Council Data Entrants to ensure optimal data management from the VMMC service sites in their respective regions.
- First degree in Statistics, Social sciences, Public health, health system or Human Resource or its equivalent,
- Possession of Professional training in M&E with at least three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Must have hands on experience in statistical analysis packages – STATA; SPSS, Epi info etc. with excellent quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Should have experience in data management preferably in the Health Systems, Human resource data or Disease specific related programs.
- Familiarity with Government of Tanzania M&E frameworks and systems within the health sector, Donor’s M&E frameworks such as the USAID, will be an added advantage
Instructions to interested applicants
- Submit your updated detailed CV (Max. five pages in Ms. Word), with application letter for the position being applied for and copies of academic certificates
- List of three referees (one must be the current immediate supervisor) with their current contacts
Deadline of Submission
The Expression of Interest must be in English and should be submitted electronically and addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Association of Private Health Facilities in Tanzania (APHFTA),
P. O. BOX 13234, DA ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
E-mail [email protected]
The closing date is 5th June 2020 at 18:00 EAT.. In case of late submission, the application will not be considered for evaluation.