The Aga Khan Health Service, Tanzania (AKHST) an institution of The Aga Khan Development Network, has completed a major expansion of the Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam. This expansion aims at enhancing the Hospital’s facilities, technology and capacity which will allow it to become the leading provider of high-quality medical care focusing on tertiary medicine, reversing the flow of medical tourism and enhancing its capacity to deliver high quality health sciences education.
The Hospital’s recent expansion focused on expanding key clinical services including the development of comprehensive cardiology, oncology and neurosciences programmes as well as the expansion of orthopedics and trauma, diagnostic imaging, pathology, critical care, and women and child health.
The Hospital is ISO 9001 certified and Joint Commission International Accredited which is a testimony to the provision of the highest level of quality and patient safety that compares with the best hospitals in the world. The Hospital is also a teaching site for The Aga Khan University, which offers postgraduate medical education programs leading to Master’s of Medicine in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Surgery. The Aga Khan Hospital is also an accredited internship site and accepts 60 interns annually.
As part of its integrated health systems approach, the Hospital has also established 23 outreach health facilities that are located across 11 regions of Tanzania strengthening the continuum of care from primary to tertiary medicine. As part of this approach, in the first phase, a 22 bed Hospital is being established in Mwanza which along with 4 outreach health facilities will form the Aga Khan Health Services Mwanza cluster.
We are therefore seeking enthusiastic and qualified experienced personnel for the following positions for The Aga Khan Hospital Mwanza:
REGISTERED NURSE (URGENT CARE) – (1 POSITION)
- Measures adult and pediatric patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
- Conducts thorough head to toe assessment and reassessment of each assigned Pediatric and Adult patients at the time of admission, at shift change, after critical procedure/ surgery and upon change in critical condition as per timelines defined in the policy.
- Perform nesuscitative skills in specific assigned roles in management of the patients with various medical and surgical emergencies in both adult and paediatric patients.
- Identify and manage patients with arrhythmias.
- Provides education, information and support to the patients and patient’s family.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms. Any other roles assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing from recognized Collage or School of Nursing
- Maintains a Valid Nursing Licensure from Tanzania Nurses and Midwives Council (TNMC)
- Certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Safe Medication Administration, Infection control module, Basic Life Support (BLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in nursing practice in Emergency Department.
- Work efficiently under pressure, have technical proficiency, be able to work well with a team or take charge if required
- Be familiar and experienced with JCIA and ISO in terms of application and utilization.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO: [email protected]
WITH THE SUBJECT LINE OF THE POSITION OR HAND DELIVERED TO HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, P. O. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS IS END OF BUSINESS DAY ON 24th FEBRUARY, 2020.