Job Title: Relief Head Chef
Reports To: Executive Chef/ Camp/Lodge Manger
Company: Un Lodge En Afrique (Chem Chem Philanthrophy and Safari)
Location: Manyara,vilima vitatu, Babati.
As a Relief head chef, you will provide relief cover and additional support across theLodge/ camps as directed. To ensure guests are well served, work together with chef and management in a smooth, safe, and harmonious manner to ensure guests have a memorable
- Working with the Head Chef and the kitchen team to maintain high standards in the quality of food both as to its preparation and its presentation.
- Working in all areas of the kitchen depending on the daily needs of Head Chef.
- To observe all Company Food Hygiene and Health and Safety policy.
- To assist the Head Chef, to check the completeness of all food and kitchen equipment sent to each function.
- Work with the Executive chef to ensure standards and goals are met.
- Ensure all required risk assessments and due diligence documentation are implemented in regard to food hygiene and safe systems of work, as are required in order to pass any internal audits.
- To set out, maintain and monitor high standards of cooking and presentation.
- To be aware of current food trends with regard to presentation and style and help with new menu ideas and menu design.
- Coordinate the selection, training, development, and evaluation of employees and managers in the Kitchen & Stewarding departments through effective management and leadership to ensure that established cultural and core standards are met.
- Ensuring that all completed food is correctly wrapped, labeled and put in out-fridge for each event.
- Implement and maintain the Statutory and Company standards of hygiene, health and safety and take any action as is necessary.
- To ensure that all completed jobs are fully checked off before it leaves the unit.
- To work closely with Head Chef and other chefs at each event to ensure that the function runs smoothly.
- Ensure that all food is prepared with due care and attention, particularly in regard to guest’ dietary requirements, allergies, and any other food guidelines and regulations.
- Bachelor degree/Diploma in Hotel Management/Hospitality or related field from the recognized university/college
- Working experience of not less than 3- 4 years in the hotel industry/ in a well recognised hotel or lodge/Head camp chef.
- Extensive knowledge of food hygiene preparation and presentation
- Understanding of hygiene Protocol
- Communicate fluently in English
- Must work accurately under pressure
- Excellent inventory and stock management
- Excellent communication skills and attention to details
- Skills to manage and lead a team of not less that 10 chefs
- Team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm and teamwork
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Good computer skills, especially in word, excel, email and internet
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their cv,names and contact information (Email addresses and telephone numbers) of three referees.The candidate must clearly indicate the title of the position applied for (as it appears in the advertisement )on the heading of the email.Application should be submitted to the Human Resources email [email protected] CC [email protected].Kindly note that only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
Deadline For the Application; 17th November 2022.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! Chem Chem Safari does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to this number 0699688225.