Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s Trunk and Regional roads network as well as construction of Airports. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) for and on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania was entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Kaliua-Malagarasi-Ilunde Road (156KM) to Bitumen Standard: LOT 2: Kazilambwa- Chagu Section (36KM).
The Regional Manager, TANROADS- TABORA on behalf of the Chief Executive is looking for suitable competent Resident Engineer to fill vacant post on specific contract within the Region. The Regional Manager TANROADS- TABORA invites interested candidates to apply for the mentioned vacancy: –
POSITION TITTLE RESIDENT ENGINEER
The Resident Engineer will manage all technical issues at the site and report to Resident Project Manager. The resident Engineer will be stationed at site (Usinge village, Kaliua District) for a close supervision of the project under TECU supervision arrangement for the remaining Contract period.
Resident Engineer must be a registered Civil Engineer with a degree in Civil
Engineering. He/she must have a minimum of seven (7) years of specific experience related to road/’ bridge design and construction supervision. A postgraduate qualification in Civil Engineering or Highway Engineering and experience in contract administration under FIDICPPRA conditions of contract is an added advantage.
Resident Engineer must have served at least one of the following aspects: – Project Manager, Resident Engineer, Regional Manager or in an equivalent capacity on at least one (1) bituminous road construction project of similar magnitude and complexity in the last 7 years. He/she shall head the site staff and shall be responsible for all technical and administrative aspect on site. In addition, he/she must be proficiency in written and spoken English is Mandatory.
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts: postal address/post code, email and telephone numbers
- Applicants must submit financial proposal for financial negotiations
- Applicants must be registered by ERB personal as an Individual Consultant.
- A successful applicant will be deducted Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and other deductions according to Laws.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
- Applicants must attach their Certified copies of education Certificates and birth certificate.
- Certificate from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary, Advanced level or universities should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU) .
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies.
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts; referees should be the ones you collaborated with on different projects.
- A signed Application letter in English.
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action.
APPLICATIONS MI ST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW
Tanzania National Roads Agency,
P.O. Box 2,
Deadline for application is Thursday, 09th June, 2022.