Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Rigger to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Engineering Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Engineering Supervisor
Work Schedule: 7 Days Day Shift / 7 Days Night Shift / 7 Days Off
- Ability to distinguish type of lifting equipment’s and uses
- Must know how to inspect wire rope and fiber sling for damage
- Ability to prepare and cut front end and back end of the winder ropes.
- Winder rope inspection, measurement and greasing
- Ability to change winder rope O/H crane rope and rope maintenance.
- Inspect and test lifting equipment e.g. chain block lever hoist and sling.
- To perform load test to the O/H crane and mobile crane
- To perform winder rope daily inspection and To inspect winder rope cross over
- To assist on winder rope Electoral magnetic Test
- Ability to test rigging to comply with mine safety and reliability policies
- Ability to attach loads to rigging to provide support or prepare them for moving by using hand and power tools
- Assists in layout and measuring of materials for installation
- Assist operators, with maintaining clearance while lifts are being conducted
- Ability to retrieve all necessary lifting gear on a daily basis, from lifting container store to support the day’s specific activity
- Assists in staging materials and necessary tools to execute each work activity
- Performing of lifting tasks, contingent on the level of experience and guidance / direction from the maintenance team
- Responsible to signal and verbally direct workers engaged in hoisting of loads and moving of loads
- Control the movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or through confined spaces
- Ability to attach pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures, such as beamsceilings and gin pole booms with bolts and clamps
- Ability to attach loads with grappling devices such as loops, wires, chains and ropes to crane hook
- Ensure safe work practices, i.e. attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ordinary level certificate – Form IV and above level
- Trade’s qualified as rigger/ropes man at a recognized institution
- Valid driving license
- 5 years’ experience as an appointed rigger/ropes man, post trade, and a large deep level mine
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communication in English, both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine Health & Safety Act awareness
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to grow and learn with the industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
- Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
- Indicating the role title “RIGGER“ in the subject of your email
- Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected]
If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 21st November 2020
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com
The deadline for submitting the application is 21 November 2020