The Cereals and Other Produce Board of Tanzania (CPB) is a Government institution established through the Cereals and Other Produce Act No. 19 of 2009 to provide for promotion and development of cereals and other agricultural produce and to provide for other related matter. According to the act, the main function of the Board is to carry out commercial activities and such other activities as are necessary, advantageous or proper for the development of the cereals and other produce industry.
CPB Headquarters is located in Dodoma at Central Business Park, Mbugani area along VETA Road. Currently, CPB offices outside Dodoma operate in seven Branch offices as follows: Eastern (Dar es Salaam City in Dar es Salaam Region), Southern (Mtwara Municipality in Mtwara Region) Southern Highlands (Iringa Municipality in Iringa Region), Northern (Arusha City in Arusha Region) Western (Kigoma Municipality in Kigoma Region), Lake (Mwanza City in Mwanza Region) and Central (Dodoma City in Dodoma Region).The Headquarters is responsible for providing Branch Offices with technical and professional support, establishing standards, systems and procedures for resources management, utilization, capacity building, coordinating the Board’s technical services, monitoring and evaluating the performance of field operations. All operational matters of the CPB are handled at the Branches, and that the Headquarters deals with strategic management issues.
CPB is seeking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions and work as part of a team that meet the expectations of the CPB.
RISK MANAGEMENT (1 POST)
Holder of Bachelor Degree in risk Management or related field.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization, which includes an analysis of the financial impact on the company when risks occur
- Performing a risk assessment: Analyzing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company
- Performing a risk evaluation: Evaluating the company’s previous handling of risks, and comparing potential risks with criteria set out by the company such as costs and legal requirements
- Establishing the level of risk the company are willing to take
- Preparing risk management and insurance budgets
- Risk reporting tailored to the relevant audience. (Educating the board of directors about the most significant risks to the business; ensuring business heads understand the risks that might affect their departments; ensuring individuals understand their own accountability for individual risks)
- Explaining the external risk posed by corporate governance to stakeholders
- Creating business continuity plans to limit risks
- Implementing health and safety measures, and purchasing insurance
- Conducting policy and compliance audits, which will include liaising with internal and external auditors
- Maintaining records of insurance policies and claims
- Reviewing any new major contracts or internal business proposals
- Building risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the company
Please take note of the following:
- Applications must be accompanied by with certified copies of relevant certificates. Testimonials and partial transcripts will not be accepted.
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) while Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education and diploma should be certified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and/or National Council for Technical Education (NACTE).
HOW TO APPLY
- All applications must be sent by using the following address; Director General, Cereals and Other Produce Board, Central Business Park, Mbugani Area, 24 VETA Street, P.O.Box 337, DODOMA. Email address: [email protected] All applications sent through email should have all the required documents scanned in pdf format and attached.
- Closing date for receiving application 30 June, 2020
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
CEREALS AND OTHER PRODUCE BOARD