Route Sales Manager – Tanzania.
Career Options Africa Group is a HR Consultancy firm specialized in Recruitment, HR outsourcing and Immigration support in Africa with offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Burundi, Nigeria, South Africa and South Sudan.
Our client, one of the leading pharmaceutical companies in Tanzania is seeking to fill the post of a Route Sales Manager with a suitably qualified candidate. As a Route Sales Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the sales operations within a designated geographical area.
The Route Sales Manager will be responsible for Managing the team of Route Sales Representative & ensure budgeted numbers are exceeded for Sales Value, Profitability & Market Coverage (productivity) through effective coaching and control.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Ensure sales reps follow route plan so as to maximize sales & productivity.
- Tracking reporting time of sales reps to office & ensure their vehicles are loaded with mix assorted products.
- Allocate target for the day category wise, value wise & productivity wise to sales reps.
- Ensuring all van sales leave the factory premises by 8:30 am for the assigned market.
- Ensure all targets and objectives assigned by the Line Manager including volume & value sales targets, distribution objectives are achieved to ensure optimal business efficiency.
- Planning and conducting required marketing activities in order to increase product penetration and make sure our products are available 100% in the market.
- Controlling any price abuses by sales team and making sure customers are getting right prices.
- Manage the sales force & monitor their performance providing guidance, assistance and motivation to increase effectiveness.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
- Ensure sales team continuously communicates all stock issues, pricing fluctuations, & competitor activities.
- Ensure that the sales force is properly equipped, coached and motivated to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Conduct regular market visits with all sales personnel to assist them in managing customer issues, improving performance and providing guidance and training.
- Making sure all sales reps are settling proper amount of money without any shortages.
- Conduct annual and six-monthly appraisals for all direct reports so that performance is tracked and discrepancies in performance are rectified at the earliest.
The job holder should have the following qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales and Marketing.
- Minimum 5 + years of experience in a fast-paced and performance-driven environment
- Experience in FMCG (such as baby products, salon products, cosmetics, soap, deodorants or perfumes) will be an added advantage.
- Must be aware about Dar es Salaam route sale markets.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili proficiency.
THE RIGHT PERSON FOR THE JOB
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies.
- Advanced communication skills (written, oral and listening)
- Extremely high levels of resilience
- Must know and understand the industry.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong commercial acumen, and proven ability to work under pressure.
- Persuasive and articulate- communicates clearly and reason logically.
- Strong ability to present, convey and sell ideas, prospects and concepts.
- Interacts with others in a professional, patient and confident manner.
WHAT WE ARE OFFERING THE RIGHT PERSON
We are offering a competitive remuneration package for the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV only to email@example.com by 12th December 2023 subject heading, as ROUTE SALES MANAGER. However, applications will be reviewed as they are received, and qualified candidates called for an interview as soon as their CVs are received. Kindly indicate current, last or expected salary in the CV.
Candidates who do not hear from us by this date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.