JOB ADVERT: RUBBER LINING TECHNICIAN (04 POSITIONS)
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Rubber Liner to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the mining department are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Process Plant Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor
- Replace worn out rubber lining of the plant equipment, Chutes and pipelines.
- Maintain rubber lining of plant equipment hoppers, cyclone cluster, cyclone valves.
- Maintain Flotation cells base rubber lining.
- Change panels of trammel, linear screens.
- Perform routine Maintenance and inspections.
- Conduct routine and breakdown maintenance on equipment.
- Assist Mechanical/ Boilermaker maintenance as required.
- Completion of legibly work sheets and inspection reports
- Identification and set rubber and sand/grits blasting machine settings
- Knowledge on how to measure material from job specifications
- Calculation of material requirements
- Preparation of work area, rubber lining equipment and materials to job specifications
- Management of job outcomes and production time.
- Carry out rubber lining repair and preventative maintenance to maintain Process Plant equipment in a safe and efficient manner to achieve production and cost targets.
- Interpretation of sketches and drawings
- Complete work orders in detail and submit them to the supervisor.
- Recognize relevant training done for the day and signing logbooks.
- Inspection and recording of the status of their area of responsibility in the safety register.
- Interpretation and reading of job specifications
- Replace Conveyor rubber belts.
- Maintain /Repair conveyor belts.
- Install mechanical clips and hot/cold splicing of the conveyor belts where applicable
- Proper handling of tools and equipment safely
- Accessing and interpretation of relevant information.
- Selection of materials for repairs and replacements and inspection for quality.
- Correct selection of hand power tools and safety equipment for safe use.
- Maintain rubber-lining consumables as per MSDS.
- Follows instructions on the highest priority of each day and focuses on completing relevant tasks.
- Ensure Standard Housekeeping.
- Execute all rubber lining and sandblasting activities.
- Performs regular inspections and detect potential problems before they cause breakdowns.
- Ensure safety requirements are full-filled at workplace, including Field Level Risk Assessment (FLRA) and proper use of the proper PPE, Report ant safety issues/Incident on time.
- Diploma in Heavy Plant Maintenance or Trade Equivalent
- Technical School Certificate
- Fitter Trade Certificate or Equivalent
- Ordinary secondary education (Form IV)
- The candidates must be physically medically fit
- Must be able to work at heights and in confined space.
- The candidate must be qualified-Theoretical and Practical.
- Vehicle driver’s license would be an added advantage.
- 2-5 Years Post qualified experience in Fixed Plant/ Equipment Repair & Maintenance
- Rubber lining experience
- Ceramic lining experience
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Good Communication Skills, English & Swahili
- Basic Boiler making/Welding
- Fault Finding
- Hand Tools Operation
- Power Tools operation- Cutting, grinding, welding, drilling
- Working at Height