ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Sampler – Grade Control
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Re Reporting to: Supervisor Mine Geology.
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The purpose of the role is to facilitate, organize and participate in sample collection, preparation, and submission to SGS laboratory for testing and analysis to determine their metal content and characteristics.
- A Minimum of Certificate of Secondary Education Examination (CSEE).
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- At least One (1) year’ geology experience in the mining and/or exploration industry.
- Knowledge of open pit mining, management of grade control drilling and sampling will be added advantage
MAI MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Collect / record and handle geological samples according to the available standard procedures
- Ensuring that all geology works are undertaken in a safe and environmentally friendly manner
- Ensuring all grade control sampling procedures at GC drilling area are implemented
- Ensuring all grade control samples are bagged and labelled as per standard procedure
- Ensuring sample bags and chip trays are prepared ready for drilling and submission forms are accurately completed
- Ensuring all grade control samples are collected from drilling site to geology dispatching area and maintaining QAQC standards
- Ensuring Grade Control ‘End of shift’ summary report is completed and submitted to supervisor on time
ADD ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Be able to handle manual work
- Good in communication skills and report writing
- Strong results orientated and ability to consistently deliver on the plan.
- Safety conscious
- Capable of working under minimal supervision with a systematic logical approach
- Physically fit to work in mining environment
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources”, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Sampler – Grade Control”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 31st December 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com
Go to our Homepage To Get Relevant Information.