The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent. World class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Posted by Mabumbe.
- Post Title : Secretary Cum Receptionist – 1 post
- Duty Station : EWURA Southern Highlands Zone – Mbeya
- Reports to : Stores Cum Assistant Administrative Officer
Secretary cum Receptionist will be responsible to ensure the proper arrangement front office inclundig receiving visitors, calls and diary keeping.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To plan and organize office and diary of the supervisor.
- To provide secretarial, clerical and administrative support.
- To receive and direct visitors to appropriate offices.
- To receive, direct and relay telephone and fax messages.
- To receive and open mails.
- To open and register mails.
- To maintain a general filing system for correspondences.
- To assist in planning and preparing conference telephone calls.
- To assist and direct visitors to the office.
- To manage and coordinate telephone calls to and from the office.
- To type and prepare internal and external correspondences.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the ; following qualifications and experience;
- An ordinary level secondary school certificate with j passes in Kiswahili and English languages.
- Diploma in secretarial studies from a recognized Institution.
- Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft office j programmes.
- Possession of certificate in customer care or front office j management will be an added advantage.
- Possession of good communication skills in English j language.
- No prior work experience is required but possession of work experience in related field will be an added advantage.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage. achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under mentioned by 09th August ,2019.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA