UNIVERSITY OF DAR ES SALAAM
The University of Dar es Salaam invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts:
Job Title: Security Guard (5 posts)
Auxiliary Police Unit
A: Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Form IV or VI certificate plus National Service Training and/or People’s Militia Training Phase II and/or any other form of military training. The candidate must be vetted by the police.
B: Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the daily routine beats around the campus so as to maintain peace and order.
- To guard the property of the Institution.
- To control movement of visitors to and from University premises with the aim of preventing burglary and theft.
- To control the movement of motor vehicles and parking at the University compound.
- To report to senior security guard/Auxiliary Police on any unusual occurrences within the University compound.
- To perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by one’s reporting officer.
C: Salary Scale: POSS 1
TERMS OF SERVICE
One (1) year fixed Contract.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply in confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV which includes names and addresses of three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
- Certified copies of relevant secondary education and training certificates.
- Photocopy of birth certificate. iv. Introduction letter from Village/Mtaa/Ward Executive Officer.
- Preferred mode of communication, e.g. telephone, email.
- Recent one (1) Passport Size Photos.
- Certificate from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advance level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Applicants currently employed in Public Service should not apply. iii. Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania at the age between 18 and 25 years. Applicants must indicate their National Identification Numbers (NIDA Number).
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will result in disqualification and legal action.
- Applicants retired or terminated from public service for whatever reason should not apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Deputy Vice Chancellor – Planning, Finance and Administration, P.O. Box 35091, University of Dar es Salaam.
- Deadline for application is 31st October, 2022.
- Attaching copies of Form IV and form VI results slips is strictly not accepted.
NB: All applications must be sent through UDSM recruitment portal by using the following address:
https://hrmis.udsm.ac.tz/hrportal/index.php/application_list and not otherwise.