- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Embassy Dar Es Salaam
- Position Title:
- SECURITY INVESTIGATOR (Internal Candidates Only)
- Open Period:
- 01/19/2023 – 01/26/2023Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 0705 8
- TZS TSh38,384,127
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 40 hours a week – work schedule
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
1inDar Es Salaam, TZ
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The US Mission to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania values a workforce of different backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all and we invite applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
- The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Security Investigator in the Regional Security Office.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- Occasional Travel
- Conducts background investigations on candidates for employment and on local contractors to determine suitability for business.
- Conducts research on behalf of other U.S. law enforcement agencies for criminal investigation.
- Develops and maintains contacts with local government authorities, the police and other law enforcement and private security entities to protect the security of post personnel, coordinate U.S. dignitary visits, and facilitates international conferences.
- Coordinates with local authorities by traveling to different cities in the country to facilitate VIP visits to those locations.
- Assists post employees involved in crimes and accidents to coordinate with local police.
Threat Analysis 10%
- Gathers and evaluates intelligence information concerning threats against post personnel, facilities, or information.
- Works with local contacts to receive and verify criminal, counterintelligence, terrorist or other threat information.
- Monitors trends in significant criminal and terrorist activities and any relevant socio-political developments in country and produces analytical reports on the impact of these developments on the post security environment.
Administrative work 10%
- Maintains staff briefing and debriefing records and vehicle fuel usage logs.
- Performs translation service for RSO when required.
*Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years of experience in law enforcement, military, private security, or investigation is required.
- Good working knowledge of the local and regional judicial system including criminal laws and procedures, and laws regarding marriage divorce, adoption and military service.
- Detailed knowledge of investigative techniques and security databases.
- Education Requirements:
- A minimum of two (2) years University Studies is required.
- LANGUAGE: English Good working knowledge (Reading/Writing/Speaking) is required and Kiswahili Fluent (Reading/Writing/Speaking) is required. (this may be tested).
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: A valid driver’s license is required. (Class B & D) is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- The U.S. Mission in Tanzania offers compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- Other Information:
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- How to Apply:
- To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA.
For more information, visit this link https://tz.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
- Required Documents:
- To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
Proof of citizenship
2 years Uni Certificate
Work permit if not a TZ national
Other Document – If any
Other Document 2 – If any
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.
- Total Jobs 122 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam