We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to join our Physical Security Team. If you are looking for a fast paced cosmopolitan and vibrant business environment, SICPA Tanzania is the right place for you.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Ensure to the highest standard the physical security of SICPA Tanzania operations, sites, assets, employees, supply chains and visitors within the local business operation.
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining and continuously improving the physical security level of all business sites and local operations in-country to support the commercial and operational objectives of the company in accordance with local legislation and internal standards.
- Responsible for implementing the approved physical security operation plan and ensuring its efficient and successful operation on a daily basis.
- Provide Proactive and Responsive Advice to Management and Staff and to Disseminate Relevant Information on Physical Safety and security measures
- Responsible for managing events, processes and incidents locally.
- Execute the physical security plan across all sites locally, ensuring conformity with established corporate physical security standards, requirements, best practices and guidelines.
- Must be conversant with and ensure compliance with relevant legislation, e.g. Information and Security Policies and Procedures, The National Security Act, 1970 where applicable.
- Escalate any identified security threats or vulnerabilities to our staff, sites, solution, local operations and supply chains besides providing timely briefing to The General Manager and The Management Team
- Protect all SICPA Tanzania property and enforce laws where breach of any Security Guidelines and or occurs.
- Be fully conversant with ID card System Management, access control, alarms and CCTV systems and to oversee the proper operation of these besides managing maintenance of security equipment to ensure effective operation at all times.
- Develop and manage a network of experts to ensure communication of solutions, benefits, risks and innovations in area of specialization. Liaison with all law enforcement agencies on behalf of SICPA Tanzania Limited.
- Control all visitor and employee building (office and warehouse) access.
- Conduct security checks for specified areas and complete reports on anything observed besides detaining any violators as may be established.
- Undertake periodic risk management reviews of SICPA Tanzania Office and Warehouse buildings security and prepare recommendation reports and action plans as required.
- Conduct all local incident investigations as requested and ensure that the incident recording database is kept up to date, providing management information and statistics as required to improve or develop the security systems.
- Develop an emergency response plan and provide related training to all employees.
- Implement a security awareness program for all local employees.
- Oversee 3rd party physical security providers, ensuring contract guard force appropriately follows security operation plan.
- Bachelor’s degree of Arts in Law Enforcement/ Law or any related Discipline
- Must have a Minimum of 5 to 8 years of related experience successfully overseeing security operations and also work experience with Tanzania police force and/or any Tanzanian authorities.
- Communication skills to effectively communicate with others, especially in stressful situations.
- Good judgment in order to quickly identify the best course of action for dealing with dangerous situations as they arise.
- Knowledge of legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Excellent surveillance, interrogation and observation skills in order to immediately notice anything out of the ordinary
- Microsoft Office suite Knowledge
- Working knowledge of basic security techniques and systems
We offer an exciting and challenging role, with great potential for personal development within a unique organization in a fascinating and fast-growing industry. Your file will be handled with upmost confidentiality and discretion.