Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet as part of implementation of its five years Corporate Strategic
Plan (2017-2021). In line with this expansion, the company is also making some reforms in its
structure, internal operations and staffing to accommodate business needs. Therefore, applications are invited from qualified Tanzanians to fill the following positions:-
POSITION: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (4 POSTS)
MINIMUM ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS AND WORKING EXPERIENCE:
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant qualifications from a recognized institution
- Must have relevant certification (e.g.CPA or ACCA) and registered with NBAA
- Experience in airline accounting (BSP and ICH transactions) will be preferred.
- Must have proven 5 years minimum working experience 3 of which in supervisory roles
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) will be preferred vi. Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables will be preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable, receivable, revenue, fixed assets and inventory.
- Produce complete set of the following reports (revenue, payable, receivable fixed assets and inventory)
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Provide technical support and advice on Management accountant
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule ‘Ensure Compliance with tax related issues, tax audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end and year-end close process ‘Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles, IASs, IFRSs and IPSAs.
- Liaise with our Financial manager to improve financial procedures
Five (5) years contract and attractive remuneration and Fringe Benefits as per ATCL Scales and Incentive Scheme.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants must submit a duly signed letter for consideration of the application attached with the following:
- A curriculum vitae (CV),
- Certified copies of all certificates (including secondary school),other relevant certificates/licenses, Applicants who have studied outside Tanzania should have their certificates approved by relevant authorities Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Examination Council of Tanzania- NECTA)
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Name and address of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone number.
Note: Misrepresentation of qualifications or any other information on application shall warrant legal consequences
Within Fourteen (14) days from the date of issue of this announcement. Deadline will 12 February, 2020:
The application letters should be directed to the following address:
MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO AIR TANZANIA
P.O. BOX 543,
DAR ES SALAAM