The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff regulation and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and Natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancy for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
|Post Title: ;||Senior Accountant|
|Duty Station:||EWURA Head Office – Dodoma|
|Reports to:||Principal Accountant – Expenditure|
Senior Accountant will be responsible for coordinating and monitoring financial expenditures as per the approval and ensure all operations pertaining to finance are carried out properly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in the process of ensuring timely and effective provision of financial services to the Authority.
- To participate in monitoring of financial expenditure as per approved budget, procedures and policies.
- To participate in overseeing application of systems and procedures for finance.
- To participate in ensuring that all approved and normal operations pertaining to finance are carried out on time and according to approved budget.
- To participate in overseeing prudent management of the Authority’s resources, including keeping records on their utilization.
- To monitor the supplies of goods across the Authority.
- To participate in preparation of time-based reports on financial performance.
- To participate in preparing annual financial statements and provide required support to external auditors.
- To participate in controlling, applying and monitoring routine finance functions.
- To participate in monitoring and controlling all receivable accounts.
- To update the assets register of the Authority.
- To effectively supervise and guide members of staff reporting on the job.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Possession of University Degree/ Advanced Diploma majoring in Accounting or Finance from a recognized higher learning institution.
- Possession of master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Possession of Certified Public Accountant, CPA (T) or ACCA is a must.
- Must be registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA) in the category of’Associate’or ‘Fellow’.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
- A strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
- Possession of not less than five (5) years’ work experience in relevant fields.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer. However, women are encouraged to apply.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
- Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or daytime contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates, transcripts, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 28th May, 2019.
- Those with certificates from the overseas universities, the same MUST be verified by Tanzania Commission for University (TCU).
- Only short-listed candidate meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage.
- Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, PSSSF House Makole Road
P.O Box 2857. Dodoma. Tanzania.