The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent. World class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Posted by Mabumbe.
- Post Title : Senior Electricity Inspector- 1 Post
- Duty Station : EWURA Head Office- Dodoma
- Reports to : Principal Electricity Inspector
Senior Electricity Inspector will assistance in the coordination of inspections activities to the regulated sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To participate in coordination of the process of overseeing effective and efficient application of provisions of the Electricity Act in order to ensure environmental and safety aspects of electricity sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and good industry practices.
- To deal with licensing of electrical installation personnel.
- To participate in ensuring optimal provision of environmental and safety inputs to regulating and controlling the distribution and sale of electricity.
- To assist in coordination of inspection of electrical installation to ensure compliance with applicable industry standards.
- To assist in coordination of activities of electrical installation licensing secretariat.
- To assist in reviewing performance and conduct of contractors and wiremen by identifying malpractices.
- To assist in coordination of licensing and monitoring of electrical contractors (wiremen).
- To assist in inspecting various premises and recommend correction or re-wiring.
- To assist in inspecting premises damaged by electrical accidents.
- To participate in pre and post installation inspection of electrical generators.
- To effectively supervise and guide members of staff member(s) reporting on the job.
- To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering from a recognised University
- Possession of master’s degree qualifications in Engineering. Business Administration will be an added advantage.
- Must be registered with Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as a Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application
- Possession of at least five (5) years’ work experience in Electricity Industry
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage. achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under mentioned by 09th August ,2019.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA