The Ariel Glaser Paediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent candidate to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: Senior Finance Officer
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
The purpose of this job is to carry out financial operations in the assigned area to facilitate core operations in line with organizational goals and objectives.
- Implement the financial work plans in regional offices in accordance with AGPAHI’s policies and donor regulations;
- Assist the Finance Manager in developing and monitoring the office’s annual and semi-annual budget to facilitate operations;
- Carry out routine administration of the SAGE Accounting system by posting transaction details, analyzing posted data and generating ad-hoc reports so as to inform financial decision-making;
- Collate, review and submit staff time sheets in a timely manner for payroll processing;
- Process staff advances upon request to ensure accountability and liquidation in line with set policies and procedures;
- Process account receivables and payables in a timely manner to ensure that debtors and creditors are billed and paid respectively in accordance with terms set;
- Conduct banking processes including monitoring bank and cash levels, assisting in bank relations and correspondences and banking of cash returns within 48 hours to ensure safe custody of cash in line with AGPAHI policies and procedures;
- Review all financial documents to ensure their accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable policies before disbursement of funds to the vendors.
- Prepare and document payment vouchers against received invoices to ensure accurate mounts are paid out;
- Verify and code expense reports before entry into the SAGE system as a record of expenses;
- Manage cash flows for designated regional office to ensure the availability and adequacy of cash to facilitate operations;
- Prepare adjusting journal entries as needed for all adjustments to transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness of adjusted financial transactions;
- Consolidate and provide financial statements, analyses and forecasts from regional units to inform effective decision making;
- Assist in the preparation of year end statutory financial statements and working papers within agreed timelines to inform on the status of financial operations;
- Assist in the preparation and submission of monthly and ad-hoc reports to inform decision making at the management level; and
- Assist in audit processes by availing required data and providing responses to auditors to ensure audits proceed as planned.
Education and Experience:-
- Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting or any related field,
- At least 8 years relevant work experience
- CPA holder is preferred
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Strong leadership, analytical, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of USG regulations is an added advantage
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 28th February, 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager,Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative,by e-mail to [email protected]
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. Submission can also be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Plot 372, House No. 7 Chole Road (Near Coco Beach)
P.O. Box 38252 Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Total Jobs 17 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam