The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic focused results areas include to combat HIV and AIDS,TB, Malaria and Reproductive, Maternal New Born, Child and Adolescent Health coupled with Health Systems Strengthening including Human Resource for Health. The Foundation addresses the above health challenges through innovative design and implementation of sustainable programs such as the Mkapa Fellows Program. Achievement of the BMF’s vision can be achieved through empowered workforce, which is self- motivated, committed to growth and integrity, and seeks excellence in execution. BMF seeks for innovative, self-driven, dynamic and competent qualified candidates to fill the below vacancies: –
Position Title: Senior Finance Officer (1 Position)
Reports to: Program Manager,
Direct Reports: Accountant (s)
Department: Finance and Grants
Duty Station: Benjamin Mkapa Foundation – Headquarters, Dar es Salaam
Overall Purpose of the Job:
To effectively develop, manage and administer Fellows program plans for proper recording, documentation, controls, monitoring and reporting of financial operations in compliance with BMF as well as Donors such as USAID rules and regulations. In addition, oversee the day-to- day financial operations and be accountable for organizing and providing high quality financial services to the program including sub-grantees and Implementing Partners.
Qualification & Experience
- First degree in finance or related field, plus CPA (T) or its equivalent. Having a second degree on Business Management or related field, will be an added advantage.
- At least 6 years of experience and having an experience working with the donor financed project particularly USAID, will be an added value;
- Specialized knowledge in an automated Accounting packages.
- Good understanding of international and local organizations financial practices.
- Excellent budgeting and financial management knowledge as well as use and literate upon computer programs.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
For all interested candidate, please find detailed job requirement for each position from our website: www.mkapafoundation.or.tz
For all interested candidate send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation, via email: [email protected]
The deadline for application is on Monday, 9th March 2020
BMF is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity
RELEASED BY: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, BENJAMIN WILLIAM MKAPA FOUNDATION