The Ariel Glaser Paediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative (AGPAHI) is a non-governmental organisation that plays a pivotal role in complementing the Government of Tanzania’s efforts towards the attainment of its development goals. AGPAHI strives to provide quality and integrated HIV/AIDS health services to children and families. AGPAHI supports the provision of high-quality HIV and other health services and ensures that efforts are well-integrated into existing regional and district health systems.
AGPAHI is looking for a motivated, result driven, qualified and competent candidate to fill the following positions:
JOB TITLE: Senior Grants Officer
REPORTS TO: Grants Manager
The Senior Grants Officer, under the supervision of the Grants Manager will be responsible in managing sub-award for the Organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Developing compliance review plans for Sub-awardees with grant officers and ensure is properly implemented.
- Ensure Grant Officer(s) have conducted Compliance reviews for all Sub grantees as per the standard operational procedures (SOP).
- Advise Grants Manager on the need for developing new SOP as the need arise.
- Conduct Compliance reviews as per assigned Sub grantees
- Ensure all outstanding compliance review findings are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Assess Sub Awardees’ risk and assist in developingrisk responses plan.
Monthly Financial Reports:
- Ensure each Sub Awardees has available funds, within the limitations of their agreement, at all times.
- Review and submit all monthly financial reports for each sub awardees on a monthly basis and in a timely manner.
- Monitors sub recipients’ expenditures against approved budget and program objectives
- Ensure records in monthly financial reports and cash books submitted by sub-awardees reconcile with financial records maintained by an organization.
- Monitor Sub-Awardees expenditures against work plan on monthly basis and develop corrective actions against over or under spending.
Sub – Agreement:
- Ensure each Sub-Awardees has an active contract at all times.
- Ensure Sub-Awardees adhere to contractual and donor regulations at all times.
- Assist Grants Manager in Pre-Award assessment process and ensures organizations have the capacity to appropriately manage a Sub-Award.
- Oversees the negotiation of sub-agreement’s terms and conditions and prepares final sub-agreement documentations.
- Monitors sub-recipients performance to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of award.
- Provides on-going assistance to sub-recipients to administer their sub agreements compliant with all terms and conditions.
- Manages the sub-agreement close out process.
- Work closely with contractual, financial and technical staff and provides guidance as necessary on sub-agreements’ requirements.
- Assist Grants Manager in ensuring amendments are developed and processed in a timely manner.
- Address problems or concerns with management of Sub-Awards in a timely and effective manner.
- Providing training on Award Management to Sub-Awardees
- Assist Grants Manager in orient regional staffs on Award management
- Provide training to Grants officer(s)
- Assess Award and Compliance policies and procedures on an on-going basis to identify and propose new policies or changes as needed.
- Monitoring the implementation of existing Sub-Award and Compliance policies to ensure they are being properly adhered to.
- Provide ad hoc reports to Grants Manager regarding Sub-Award and Compliance activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Grants Manager and the Regional Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or other related field required. Masters preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Federal funded awards, administration and management and worked with NGO.
- Experience in the development or implementation of sub-agreements/grants and compliance training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience in business management or financial administration in Federal-funded programs.
- Has a consistent track record of high performance
- Skills necessary to formulate a risk assessment of individual sub-recipients and sub-grant portfolios.Ability to design and implement.
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written), including editing and proofreading.
- Proficient computer/software skills, including command of Word and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, assess priorities and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, applicants, and sub recipients.
- Ability to identify and develop key partnerships and cultivate good relationships with other governmental and non-governmental entities.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (not exceeding four pages) and names and contact information of three referees before close of business on Friday 28th February, 2020 to the Human Resources and Administration Manager,Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative,by e-mail to [email protected]
Please mention the title of the position in your email subject and do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. Submission can also be dropped physically or by post in the address below:
Ariel Glaser Pediatric AIDS Healthcare Initiative
Plot 372, House No. 7 Chole Road (Near Coco Beach)
P.O. Box 38252 Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.