Mkulazi Holding Company Ltd (MHCL) is a joint venture company currently owned by National Social Security Fund (NSSF) and Tanzania Prisons Service. The principle activity of the company is to undertake production and importation of sugar. Establishment of the Company is in line with the implementation of the second five year development plan (FYDP II) aiming to ensure that Tanzania becomes industrialized and middle income economy (Uchumi wa Kati) by the year 2025.
The company wishes to invite competent, qualified, experienced and dedicated young Tanzanians to fill in the vacancy positions currently available in the company as follows:
SENIOR LAND SURVEYOR (1 Post – Re-advertised).
- The person will be responsible for Precision Farming surveying activities and preparation and maintenance of sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed. The person will be reporting to the Head of Agriculture Department.
Duties and responsibilities of Senior Land Surveyor:
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in order to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed;
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites;
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries for properties, based on legal deeds and titles;
- Record the results of surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation, and dimensions of land or land features;
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain;
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, charts, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys;
- Plan and conduct ground surveys designed to establish baselines, elevations, and other geodetic measurements;
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments;
- Train assistants and helpers, and direct their work in such activities as performing surveys or drafting maps; and
- Perform any other lawful duties as may be assigned by his/her Senior Officers.
Qualification and Experience:
- Holder of a Bachelor Degree/Master degree in surveying, mapping or Geomatics;
- More than five (5) years experience in survey activities within a sugarcane plantation;
- Ability to use survey instruments such as RTK system,Total Station and Automatic level;
- Conversant with design softwares that are widely used in sugarcane plantations such as multiplane design software, trimble business software, farm-work software and AutoCAD; and
- Be a team player and able to work autonomously.
Salaries and other Fringe Benefits for all these posts will be as per Mkulazi Salary Scales and Structures and in accordance with the Staff Regulations and Conditions of Service of the company, 2019.
- ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE ACCOMPLISHED SECONDARY SCHOOL EDUCATION AND POSSES AN ORDINARY CERTIFICATE OR AN ADVANCED CERTIFICATE OF SECONDARY EDUCATION OR ITS EQUIVALENT AND SHOULD NOT BE ABOVE 45 YEARS OF AGE.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below (with the position applied written on the top of the envelope), describing how they see themselves qualifying for the applied position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail address. The closing deadline for all applications is 10 days after the advert. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
MKULAZI HOLDING COMPANY LIMITED,
P.O BOX 1079,
Deadline 7 June, 2020