Job Description & Summary
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We are a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 276,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Tax and Advisory services. In Africa, we are the largest provider of professional services with offices in 34 countries and over 9,000 people. This enables us to provide our clients with seamless and consistent service, wherever they are located on the continent. In East Africa, our member firms in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia and Mauritius work together to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in the region enable us to put ourselves in our clients’ shoes and offer truly tailored Tax, Assurance and Advisory solutions to unique business challenges.
In Advisory we deliver practical, far-sighted advice that gets straight to the heart of clients’ business issues and delivers amazing results by helping our clients improve the way they operate, reduce costs, manage risks, leverage on technology to change the way they do business, and helping organisations of all shapes and sizes work smarter and grow faster.
As a trusted business advisor within the Advisory team, you will coordinate efforts to grow our business in Tanzania working directly with the Country Senior Partner and the Regional Advisory Line of Service leader. This will entail building a pipeline of opportunities and establishing/maintaining market contacts and through PwC network.
Senior Manager – Advisory
You will work as part of the wider Advisory team with an aim of helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. You will be part of the Leadership team and play a key part in influencing and shaping the strategic development of the team. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identification and discussion of key issues with our clients to develop solutions to their business/ operational challenges.
- Lead in proactive business development by working closely with the Go-to-market lead for Tanzania including developing market strategy and drive the development of Advisory services in Tanzania.
- Building strong networks within the firm to identify and pursue opportunities for the different business units and sectors.
- Manage the delivery of Advisory projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout the assignment and driving quality delivery by the team.
- Develop strong relationships with clients including Government, development partners and the private sector.
- Responsibility for the day to day business management of the advisory business unit in Tanzania including adherence to the firms metrics of business management.
- Support in business growth of professional staff in Tanzania through talent identification, supervision, coaching, training and mentorship.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Technology, Human Resources or related field
- 10+ years of experience in consulting work
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the professional services environment
- Previous experience within the East Africa especially Tanzania
- Good understanding of the Government and Development Partners operations in Tanzania
- Proven track record in relationship management and business development
- Experience in developing practical solutions to client needs
- Strong conceptual and analytical thinking capabilities
- Strong portfolio program project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel within the East Africa and other destinations
This role will give you many opportunities for growth and provide you with extraordinary experiences. If you are keen to grow your career your own way and to discover how a career with PwC will benefit you, find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.co.tz and apply online. Your career path will be unique, diverse and exceptional as we give you the best opportunities to excel and shine.
Education(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Certifications(if blank, certifications not specified)
Desired Languages(If blank, desired languages not specified)
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
The deadline for submitting the application is June 10, 2021