EQUITY BANK IT) LTD
CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN EQUITY BANK TANZANIA
Equity Bank is the region s leading Bank whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong foot print in Kenya. Uganda. Tanzania. Rwanda, South Sudan and now in DRC, Equity Bank is now home to more than 11.5 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
The Bank seeks to recruit passionate and self-driven individuals of to fill the positions below;
POSITION: SENIOR MANAGER – RECOVERIES
Reporting to the Head of Credit, the Senior Manager Recoveries will be charged with a responsibility of ensuring that the recoveries unit is managed efficiently and is equipped to meet its business objectives, to execute collection strategy and maximize prospects of full collection from overdue payments through implementation of collection activities and controls that effectively manages delinquency ratios and losses, whilst maintaining customer good will as well as to lead, coach, train and guide the team of Collections and Recoveries in recovery of outstanding amounts. The incumbent is expected to uphold and promote the Banks Core Values. Mission and Vision,
Job Responsibilities/ Accountabilities:
- Overall management of non-performing debts to prevent deterioration of the bank’s lending asset quality
- Continued Reviews and update of the Bank’s Collection and Recoveries policies and strategy
- Develop annual targets and plans for reduction of non-performing debts
- Control specific provisions within budget and ensure adequate levels of provisioning on all accounts in accordance with laid down credit policies
- Managing debt recovery costs within set budgets included arc rationalization of service providers, cost containments through prudent decision making and vetting of fee notes relating to debt recovery.
- Compliance with the bank’s credit policies and Central Bank Prudential Regulations on loan classification and provisioning, resulting in favorable audit reviews.
- Contribute to Group profit through write backs, included are reduction in non-performing loans to less than 5% through aggressive recoveries and restructures as business case may warrant.
- Deliver on Bank Collection and recovery Strategy vide formulation of short term and medium-term collection/rccovcry action plans across the credit life cycle.
- Team management and leadership included are performance management, leave programmers and other staff issues
- To have an adequate and relevant collection strategy commensurate with the size and risk of the portfolio.
Ensuring that all Collections & Recoveries policies and procedures are compliant with the country regulations, these should be documented and reviewed regularly. Accountability on reporting to various stakeholders as relates to collection and recoveries
Reconciliation of Provisions accounts.
Ensure that all risks in Collections & Recoveries processes are identified, measured, monitored and controlled.
Making optimal use of all collection tools and using analytics and data segmentation to enhance collection efficiency.
Ensuring constant development of system capability to enhance operating process To ensure that portfolio analysis conducted by the Credit team is fully leveraged for collections activity
Improve asset quality through recovery and rationalization of non-performing debts as appropriate.
Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Equity Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Bank’s Code of Conduct.
Lead the Collections & Recoveries team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Management degree/Professional Qualification in Credit Management preferred.
- 8 years banking experience. U of which should have been in credit environment
- Knowledge in Credit Management.
- Computer literacy particularly proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Good understanding and appreciation of economic environment and its impact on consumers.
- Very good analytical skills needed to analyze economic climate and come up with appropriate collection and recoveries strategies.
- Be able to identify early warning signals.
- Leadership qualities with the ability to motivate others.
- Strong verbal communication skills and an ability to negotiate and influence.
- Able to work under pressure and with stringent performance targets.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, e-mail address and telephone contacts, and copies of academic and professional certificates, quoting the Job title in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received April 09, 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.