Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
Position: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer – (1-Position)
Project Name: Enhancing the Quality of Secondary School Education through a Holistic Approach in Zanzibar (EQSSE-Z)
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Mbweni – Zanzibar
Contract Duration: 1 Year (Renewable subject to funding availability and performance)
Good Neighbors Tanzania – Zanzibar Area Office (GNTZ-ZAO) is in going implementation of the KOICA project mentioned above, in order to provide better teaching and learning in secondary schools through learner-centered pedagogy in classrooms, strengthen teacher support services, improve learning environments, and conduct greater community engagement through school-based monitoring in Zanzibar. Therefore, GNTZ-ZAO would like to invite a talented and experienced person who can work together with us in a passionate way.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of MEL plans.
- Contribute to implementation of MEL plans with other partners.
- Provide the technical design of MEL methodologies and support data collection, storage and analysis.
- Work with other departments within GNTZ-ZAO and ensure M&E Tools and processes are understood and used properly.
- Provide advice to staff and stakeholders on M&E decisions, such as the identification of priorities, needs and indicators; the design, set up and use of M&E systems to collect data.
- In collaboration with Project Staff, support for preparation of technical and programmatic program reports.
- Collection and analysis of M&E data.
- Regular monitoring of the project and flagging any critical issues/needs to the project coordinator and regional office in a timely manner
- Write and present Evaluation and Learning reports.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to achieve shared goals.
- Ensure proper documentation and storage of MEL products (activities reports, Monthly report, Quarterly reports, tools, M&E reports, and research reports)
- Required to attend at least 3 courses as provided by Gn academy including any other courses provided by GNTZ or by any other training institution, aiming to develop knowledge and capacity in own work.
- Required to achieve not less than 90% of individual and team’s annual targets.
- Any other related duty may be assigned by the Project Manager.
Qualification, Experiences and Competencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, IT, Project Management, Monitoring and evaluation, Development studies, Social Sciences and or any related academic discipline; Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation or a similar field is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience, with a good experience in M&E trend
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Ms. Excel, Ms. Access, PowerPoint presentation and statistical software (SPSS, ODK and Kobo toolbox e.t.c)
- Strong data analysis, graphical data presentation, report writing and publication
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis and data management
- Strong ability of writing and public speaking skills with a good command of English and Swahili
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Ability to multitask, work well under pressure, improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions.
- Sincerity, patience, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
- Good motivational organizational skills
- Good interpersonal and people management skills, a team player and builder.
- Perform other duties as required
- Working experiences in Zanzibar are highly considered
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Based at Mbweni Office in Zanzibar
- Office work: 10% within the Mbweni Zanzibar area
- Field work: 90%
- All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please Click here to apply for the position on or before 14th March, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be addressed to the Country Director, Good Neighbors Tanzania, P.O. Box 33104, Dar es Salaam.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All applicants interested to work with GNTZ must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause Click here to access GN Safeguarding Policy.
- Total Jobs 99 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam