The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda,Republic of South Sudan, the Republic of Uganda and the United Republic of Tanzania with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of East African Community Partner States (Burundi, DRC, Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, South Sudan and United Republic of Tanzania) to apply for the following position tenable at East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO).
SENIOR PERSONAL SECRETARY
(1 post) (REF: EAC/HR/2022-23/20)
Reports to: Executive Secretary
Organ/Institution: East African Science and Technology Commission (EASTECO)
Station: Kigali, Rwanda
Main purpose of the job:
To manage, provide and coordinate office and secretarial services in the Executive Office
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the Executive Office, provide secretarial services and securing of office and information
- Providing administrative support for official travel arrangement, including itinerary arrangement, clearance, tickets and other necessary travel documents.
- Arranging for timely requisition of office supplies and stores
- Facilitating information sharing between various directorates, departments and stakeholders
- Preparing briefing materials for meetings and appointments and taking minutes.
- Receiving, attending to and directing clients and ensure good customer relations
- Managing and updating office diary, arranging for appointments and meetings and following up on deadlines, commitments made and action taken.
- Creating and maintaining appropriate record and filing sub systems for the office
- Transcribing and drafting official correspondences and memoranda
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent. Skills in typing of at least 50wpm, and Shorthand speed of 100 wpm.
- 10 years of experience management a busy office at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
Proficiency in secretarial work; computing skills, knowledge of work processing and computer database programmers, administrative skills, basic accounting skills, customer care, public relations, front desk management, ability to take dictations; good command of Business English and Office practices
Eligibility for applications:
Applicants from all Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
The EAC is an equal opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to:
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- Attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 18th November, 2022
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. All Applications MUST STRICTLY:
- have EAC application form, CV, application letter, ID ;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the job reference number;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- provide referees.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in respective Partner States) and employment records .