To provide the overall Card governance, controls, fraud prevention and compliance process; Derive as much value from Card Business by preventing Fraud and creating frictionless payment experiences.
- Provide leadership in collaboration with other senior managers and business partners to develop and implement strategies that effectively manage financial crime risk across the Cards lines of business
- Oversee the fraud risk management function across the card lines of business, ensuring regulatory compliance and compliance with other relevant internal and external standards and requirements
- Ensure teams understand regulatory and compliance requirements as prescribed for the function, and provide recommendations and implement actions to ensure adherence as required
- Identify Card business control risks and gaps
- Be an active player in fraud management forums
- Manage Card fraud risk and minimize losses through monitoring, reporting and taking appropriate action
- Meet regularly with senior internal business partners and lines of business executives to track and address operational risks related to card business
- Ensure teams understand risks inherent in Card business unit and ensure appropriate actions
- Ensure strict confidentiality is maintained for both customer and Bank information
- Achieve Shareholder and Customer goals with a particular focus on card fraud prevention.
- Critically analyze Card Fraud and Declines trends, drive continuous system and process improvements
- Serve as the ultimate customer escalation contact when customer expectations are not met in the fraud processes and interactions
- Govern and coordinate Card Fraud Technology initiatives
- Coordinate with other NMB IT security functions for fraud architecture interactions and facilitate interactions with other technology architecture teams within the bank and partners such as MasterCard & VISA
- Advanced knowledge of Visa, MasterCard & UPI Regulations and chargeback case preparations
- In depth knowledge of risk and regulatory requirements and management as they apply to card fraud & compliance or other criminal risk
- Chargebacks process and acquirer/issuer fraud liability experience.
- Detailed understanding of the payments industry and Payment Network rules, e.g. PCI DSS
- Advanced knowledge on chargeback & card fraud management/investigative processes and related business issues
- Knowledge of rules and regulations governing cards, knowledge of dispute resolution, ID Theft, and/or fraud preferred
- Strong analytical and detective skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, including high degree of “Listening Skills”
- Customer Centric with customer service skills
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders and engage their support and consensus
- Strong planning, decision-making, and prioritization skills
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics or related field
- Advanced certificates of MasterCard/VISA fraud management is preferred
- Minimum 5 years of industry-related experience with Payment Network rules and regulations
- Thorough understanding of Card Business reporting agencies and compliance requirements for Issuing & Acquiring.
- A background in Card Business, Card Systems or Card Network is mandatory.
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.