Requisition ID: req7798
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Officer
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kibondo, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working in 40 countries, responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives.
With funding from donor governments, institutions, companies and individual supporters we strive to support people meet their basic rights with dignity and to be protected. In Tanzania, the IRC supports refugees and Tanzanian people in- and – out of camps with education and protection services.
If you are Tanzanian, with excellent strategic vision, professional skills, an understanding and leadership experience in humanitarian, INGO or development work with a cutting edge outlook, willingness to take action to have a positive impact for the clients we serve, then please consider applying for this position:
Job Overview/Summary: Solicit quotes from suppliers in Kibondo, prepare bids and work with procurement Committee in Kibondo on vendor selection. Ensure that all IRC purchases comply with IRC Global procurement policies and procedures adapted from Global Procurement Unit manual & UNHCR procurement procedure.
- Conduct procurement through established, ad-hoc, authorized and MPA suppliers and establish a list of honest and reliable (accredited) suppliers, for IRC within Kibondo district and Kigoma region.
- Solicit for more suppliers for selected supplies that are purchased on regular basis, but which are not contracted and then include them under MPA suppliers.
- With assistance of IT and storekeeper establish a reasonable and appropriate reorder level for ordering and delivery of all items -IT inclusive, except construction, and non vehicle operation-related goods/supplies.
- With assistance of Senor Supply Chain Manager, provide technical advice for Programs on raising PRs, track all PRs and POs. Submit PR tracking report to Senor Supply Chain Manager any time as required.
- Make sure that all procurement data entering in BVA system are accurate and correct and the data entered in the BVA is in high quality.
- In collaboration with Senor Supply Chain Manager, liaise with the Supply Chain Office department in Dar on follow up Outstanding PRs and Pos, conduct regular market surveys, update the price list quarterly and share with programs for procurement preparations.
- Assist Programs on preparing small medium contracts where applicable. Participate in preparing major construction, service, and goods contracts.
- In collaboration with Civil Technician, solicit for bids on all construction works to be implemented by IRC Kibondo.
- Design and implement internal controls within the purchasing/procurement system of the field office Kibondo. Ensure that the commodity tracking system is adhered to by the storekeepers and perform periodic spot-checks and ensure the timely delivery of goods.
- Make sure that the details for ATC is accuracy before submitting for clearance and ensure that store cycle counts activity is done as per procedure. Also ensure Supply Chain maintain reliable authorized and contracted suppliers who passed ATC checks
- In collaboration with Senior Supply Chain Manager, prepare RFPs for solicitation of contracted suppliers for regularly purchased services and goods. Participate in contractors prequalification.
- Review all reports prepared by Procurement/Supply Chain Assistant for accuracy and in compliance with acceptable formats before submitting to Programs and Senior Supply Chain Manager.
Human Resource/Personnel Functions:
- Supervise Kibondo, Mtendeli and Nduta based Supply Chain personnel
- Assist in recruitment of Supply Chain staff by participating developing supply chain position requirement s and participate in conducting interviews.
- Attend and participate in regular Supply Chain Meetings. Liaise with HR, Field Manager and Senior Supply Chain Manager in Kibondo field office on Supply Chain staffing needs.
- Liaise with Dar office, Immigration offices Kibondo to ensure availability of permits for IRC visitors who did not enter through Dar
- Responsible for entering data in BVA; create all reports available in procurement module from BVA System.
- In collaboration with storekeeper, updating all assets on Prologs and ensures all materials purchased are recorded accurately as recoded in the PR and as priced on the PO/invoice.
- Maintain procurement filling system as per Global Procurement Unit guidelines
- Participate and provide inputs in preparation of procurement plans
- Submit monthly Procurement Reports and cash projections to Senior Supply Chain Manager
- Maintain a list of reliable suppliers, ensure suppliers are cleared for ATC prior to conducting business with them
- Immediately report to IT for any problem related to BVA system.
- Conduct regular/surprise store spot checks to verify quality and quantity of materials received matching with specifications on the Purchase Order, and accurately recorded in prologs
- Attend and participate in identified training’s organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (TZ and World-wide) as per the IRC TZ reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
- Degree in Materials Management or any relevant field.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili language
- Strong computer skills.
- High integrity and able to work under pressure.
- Prior experience working in a similar position is an added advantage.
- Total Jobs 142 Jobs
- Location Dar es Salaam