RAHA ENERGIES LIMITED is a company registered in Tanzania to deal with the Importation and distribution of Lubricants and Petroleum products like Diesel, Petrol, Jet A1 and LPG. The company is looking for a qualified Tanzanian to take a position of Senior Technical Advisor. Below is the summary of the roles and responsibilities.
To provide first line technical advice to direct accounts, industrial and transport customers, and Lubricants Sales force on the use of our lubricants portfolio in order to best exploit the technical attributes of our products and services to commercial advantage, and to trouble shoot any technical issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To support to and to secure technical partnership with key direct accounts (gold and platinum)
- Provide front line technical support to customers and sales staff including problem solving, troubleshooting and application advice for c. 80% of all front-line technical issues. This may be pro-active in line with Sales/Marketing effort and business objectives or reactive to customer complaints/claims or used oil analysis. Provide basic failure diagnosis for lubrication related failure (e.g. bearing or gear) where lubricants quality or practices are in question
- Correctly specify appropriate lubricants to be used for specific applications (vehicles, machinery and equipment), including the specification of equivalent product to replace a competitor’s product. Immediate recommendations should be possible for more than 75% of applications, and with use of reference materials and networks, etc. should be possible for 95% of all cases
- Prepare customer plant/equipment audits, lubrication surveys, product rationalisation audits and conduct field trials, as necessary to support the overall business strategy
- Liaise with local Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) or local branches of global OEMs, to develop product approvals, only under guidance from the identified OEM ‘owner’in the Line of Business team (OEM Approval Mgrs) so only for selected global priority approved OEMs
- Receive referrals of technical problems or other customer contact from the Customer Service Officers (CSO) or Technical Helpdesk (THD) and work to resolve with the customer. Feedback to the CSO or THD to ensure continual improvement in the fielding of enquiries and understanding of technical issues. Pro-actively update CSO/THD with key customer or product information
- Support and act jointly with local Marketing Specialist to enhance our Lubricants Technology Intimacy image through Sales into the market. Work closely with local sales and global accounts who have the ‘ownership’ of the customers, to provide appropriate technical support to maintain and gain business in line with business strategy. Carry out joint and solo visits (with knowledge of sales force) to new and existing customers providing technical proposals/assistance to generate sales opportunities, with both existing and new products
- Drive cross-sell and upsell opportunities through developing and delivering appropriate lubricants training to direct Sales/Marketing staff to develop their expertise, as well as tailored training packages for Gold/Platinum Customers where required
- Refer complex technical issues to the Senior Lubricants Technical Advisor or to the regional Product Application Specialists for resolution, working with them to ensure issue is completed satisfactorily, with local customer follow up by the Technical staff as necessary
- Develop and deliver appropriate lubricants training to direct Sales staff to develop their product-application-services expertise.
Requirements: Qualifications & Experiences
- Degree (e.g. BSc, BEng) – engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering) or comparable technical background working with machines and equipment
- More than ten years of experience in a technical (lubricants and applications) environment
- Certified Triboloqists and Lubrication Specialists
- At least three years of working experience in mining
- Very good English skill level
If you meet the above requirements and wish to join our dynamic team, please send your covering letter and your recent resume including expected salary to the following email address mentioning the position you are applying for. [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is October 12, 2020