The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, world class regulatory authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the electricity, water, petroleum and natural gas sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
WATER AND SANITATION DIVISION
Post Title: Senior Water Engineer
Duty Station: EWURA Head Office
Reports to: Principal Water Engineer
Senior Water Engineer will be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of technical matters of the regulated sector
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To coordinate the process of overseeing effective and efficient application of provisions of the Water Supply and Sanitation Act in order to ensure technical aspects of water sector are in conformity with provision of the Act and good industry’ practices.
- To coordinate, collate, analyze and store information for regulatory reporting purpose in periodic basis with technical and commercial aspects of water supply and sanitation sendees,
- To carry’ out technical analyses of conditions of w?ater and sanitation infrastructures and their utilization efficiency.
- To initiate and conduct inspection of water supply and sanitation sendees.
- To participate in reviewing and advising on tariffs and prices of water and sanitation sendees.
- To rmtiate review of w’ater utilities’ business plans.
- To provide technical and commercial inputs towards resolving disputes between regulated sendee providers and consumers.
- To review technical and financial reports submitted by Water Utilities.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supendsor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree m engineering (Environmental, Civil and Water Resources or Municipal and Industrial Sendees) from a recognized University.
- Possession of master’s degree qualifications in the relevant fields or others such as Business Administration or Finance will be an added advantage.
- Must be registered by the Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application
- Possession of at least five (5) years’ work experience in relevant fields.
In addition to the above skills and qualifications, applicants for the above positions are required to have the following attributes:
- A very high level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility;
- Ability to w’ork under pressure and produce expected results;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team;
- Ability to self-manage, achieve results and meet deadlines; and
- Willingness to work beyond the call of duty.
Tenure and Remuneration
- A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
- EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
- Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 15 November 2018.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may w’ork to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857, DODOMA