TPC Ltd is one of the respected sugar producing companies in Tanzania. The company is situated at the foot of Mount Kilimanjaro, 22kms south of Moshi Municipality. Applications are invited from qualified, energetic, proactive and dynamic candidates to fill vacant position in the Factory Department.
POST: Shift Supervisor – Process (1 Post)
Reports to the Process Manager
Core Job Description: To ensure smooth running of process stations towards achieving present daily production targets and optimum Boiling House Recovery (BHR).
- Ensure Safety of process section team, good hygienic practices around working stations during the shift.
- Close monitoring of all stations under process section (from juice weighing, juice clarification to sugar store) and make sure they are effectively controlled.
- Ensure that all operators and attendants are working as per existing Working Instructions (Wl) and propose changes whenever applicable, report the same to process management team.
- Liaise with Front End Supervisor by communicating, planning and coordinating crushing parameters for smooth running of factory Back-End section to achieve optimum factory running time.
- Monitoring trend of the lab results and make close follow up on all log sheets for prompt intervention in case of deviation, propose proper changes and give report to Process Management Team.
- Produce detailed report at the end of the shift and ensure any unusual event / incident happened during the shift is reported to the Shift Register logbook (SRB).
- Maintain good housekeeping all time and ensure back end operational stops within budget and avoid unnecessary mill stoppages.
- Assist and give guidance to operators working under process section when required.
- Report spills, leakages from various equipment’s as they can contribute to sugar losses.
- Ensure proper handing over during their shifts interchange and call out factory personnel on standby in case of breakdown as per factory standby policy and procedure.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the by Superiors.
- Should demonstrate ability to Produce good quality sugar as per TBS standard at required daily target.
- Ability to identify process and technical troubles during the shift; give out prompt solution(s) to ensure effective and efficient operation of Process section.
- Ability to interpret Cane and Boiling House materials quality figures and propose best possible boiling scheme to achieve good quality sugar at minimal losses.
- Ability to work in a Shift, Arrange and supervising maintenance jobs during weekly routine and off crop.
- Good communication Skills both Swahili and English.
Formal Secondary education, Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical and Process Engineering, Bioprocess and Postharvest Engineering. 2 years working experience in the related field. Working experience in sugar industry will be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their written applications and detailed CV to the address below, describing how they see themselves qualifying for this position. They should also send copies of academic certificates, three references, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. The closing date for all applications will be 05th November 2022. Moreover, we appreciate in advance receiving applications from all interested candidates, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. And ‘If you do not hear from us within 14 days from the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.”
Human Resources Executive Officer,
P. O. Box 93,
Tel: +255272754389, FAX:+255272754391,
E-mail:’ [email protected]‘