Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Shotcrete Expert to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Underground Mining are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
Reporting to: Mining Shift Supervisor
- Maintain records of mining/batching operations
- Monitor movements of underground equipment
- Coordinate activities and instruct personnel on the correct shotcrete rig operation and maintenance.
- Assist FFL to co-ordinate shotcrete activity throughout the shift.
- Train operators in the operation, use and maintenance of full mechanized NORMET shotcrete rigs.
- Ensure compliance to shotcreting QAQC through the use of Round Determinant Panels (RDPs), Ultimate Compressive Strength (UCS) and beam testing. Monitor and ensure compliance with penetrometer testing post spraying.
- Maintain rigs post utilisation to ensure a high level of availability.
- Improve and streamline shotcrete batching processes
- Facilitate not only training in Spraymec operation, but batching and Agi operation also
- Safe and Effective Compliance to daily Pre Start equipment inspections and Operation
- Perform Field Level Risk Assessments and Entry Examinations at the work areas and ensure the health and safety of team members, visitors and contractors at the working area.
- High level of experience with Normet Spraymecs
- Experience in shotcrete batching processes and Agi operation.
- 5 years’ experience in Underground Mechanised Shotcreting
- 3 years’ experience in Supervisors / Trainers capacity
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge and exposure to developing, implementing and maintaining a QAQC program for shotcreting.
- Working knowledge and exposure to Normet Spraymecs
- Exposure to industry best practices in mechanised shotcreting, utilisation of a Normet Spreymec in a rapid development, in-cycle capacity is highly desirable.
- Ability to work and prioritise in a high-pressure environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team leader
- Strong knowledge of risk management and problem-solving techniques
- Extensive understanding of Underground Mining operations
- Ability to provide quality verbal communication and written reports
- Facilitate knowledge transfer of skill set required to operate and maintain a fully mechanised shotcrete machine
- Excellent communication in English ,both writing and verbal
- Hazard identification and Risk assessment
- Mine health &Safety Act awareness
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
|HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
|If you are not contacted by Barrick- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 15th May 2021
|BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com|