Site Engineer (Site Supervisor, Field Mentor
JOB ROLE: Site Engineer (Site Supervisor, Field Mentor,
REPORTING TO: PROJECT LINE MANAGER
LOCATION: DAR ES SALAAM
Our Client in the telecom industry truly believes that a successful business can only be built on successful
people and enables us to transform our business within a rapidly changing
technological arena, through vision and diversity
- The co-ordinator role will involve supervising, managing & training ASP team
installations practices specifically covering, RF and Transmission fault-finding e.g.
VSWR, sector swaps, tilts, replacing connectors, RF cabling, IF cabling, integration
and testing on the Radio Access Network and Transmission Network.
- Test equipment knowledge – site master, PIN tester, optic fibre power meter, E1
tester, fibre light source
- Perform preventative maintenance on RAN / MW sites.
- Perform Quality measures and Audits.
- Oversee and identify the possible risks that may affect H&S, work flow, quality,
performance, etc, and must report all risks identified on time in the proper means of
communication to urgency.
- Civil work builds to perform quality inspections on New Site Builds in Accordance to
- EHS management of the ASP
Experience on the following is a must:
- Transmission Knowledge is a must
- Equipment, Minilink TN, 20P, 20PB, 6P series, MMU Series, Mini link 6600
- MW Antenna types, and size (0.3m 0.6m, 0.9m, 1.2m and above)
- Mini link TN/66 series installation and commissioning
- MW Mini link configurations, configuration types
- Types of configurations (1+0, 2+0,2+2, 4+0, e.t.c)
- MW link troubleshooting skills
- VLAN configurations
- Ericsson Radio Knowledge
- RBS 6000 Installation
- RBS 6000 (2G/3G/LTE) script loading
- RBS 6000 (2G/3G/LTE) alarm clearance
- RBS 6000 (2G/3G/LTE) Fault finding
- Transmission knowledge (preferable)
- RF installation
- RF Fault Finding
- RF Testing (VSWR/DTF etc.)
- Civil background and Civil Quality
- Technical Site Surveys + TSSR
- Site surveying and site planning
- Telecommunications equipment installation standards
- Basic software commissioning
- Rope access skills, Fall arrest and rigging
Knowledge and Skills in Related Areas
- Good understanding of Mobile and Wireless Networks.
- Basic Network level competence.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn Ericsson Portfolio.
- Understand Service Delivery Process.
- Understand Change Management.
- Presentation skills (oral and written).
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
- Software/Hardware Support
- Good personal interaction skills and good communication capabilities.
- Proactive mind set – always include a broader scope in mind when handling
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Creativity – ability to see and make things in a new or different way, capability
of developing inspiration, innovation, or insight
- Drive – determination, focus, take the ups and downs, stick with things long
enough to see them through
- Open-minded, positive with a flexible attitude and willing to work in teams.
- Responsiveness – ability to understand, quickly adapt and act upon new
information, influences and information
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Willingness to Travel
- Not Afraid of Heights
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty
***** Application Deadline is on the 20th December 2022***