SOCIAL PERFORMANCE MANAGER-01 POST
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
|Position Title :||Social Performance Manager|
|Location||Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga|
Williamson Diamonds Limited (WDL) is Tanzania’s only large-scale diamonds producer. The mine is an open pit operation based upon the 146-hectare Mwadui kimberlite pipe, which is one of the world’s largest economic kimberlites. For over 80 years, WDL has lived side by side and co-existed peacefully with the communities around Mwadui while implementing a wide range of development programs for the last ten years, focusing on promoting the lives and livelihoods of the communities surrounding Mwadui Mine Site. WDL has initiated and supported several development projects within the villages surrounding the Mine.
To continue and build on the work already done by the mine, WDL is looking for a competent Social Performance Manager (SPM) who will provide leadership, expertise and direction to the Operational Leadership Team on all social issues including but not limited to; compliance to relevant in-country legal requirements (and best practices where relevant); building respectful, trusting and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders with a focus on local communities and government bodies. The SPM needs to ensure the mine maintains its social license to operate and also contribute to social aspect in order to maintain its mining license. The SPM will be responsible for the day to day management of all WDL community relations including overall responsibility for the development, implementation and monitoring of the community engagement and development strategy, systems and performance as well as management of the Grievance and Community Liaison Office at the mine.
In addition the SPM is also responsible for creating and communicating a favorable public image, through media campaigns, public forums, one-on-one meetings with relevant stakeholders and written reports designed to reach community, government agencies and other stakeholders. The SPM will be required to work closely with other departments such as security, health and safety and human resources to ensure a consistent approach and clear and precis communication to all stakeholders. The SPM must think and plan strategically and be able to operate under stressful and demanding situations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the company values & Code of Ethical Conduct and model behavior that is consistent with the Company’s values and Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Line manage the community relations team including the Grievance Officer (GO) and Community Liaison Officer (CLO) and any new social members of the team, and ensure ongoing training, awareness and development of all community relations team members.
- Manage and supervise the function of stakeholder engagement, community relations, local enterprise and supplier development, and social compliance on site.
- Represent WDL at local / regional events / forums and ensure appropriate responses and messages are given.
- Manage the Operational Grievance Mechanism (OGM) and Community Grievance Mechanism (CGM) and fulfil the role of the Grievance Manager in the CGM procedure.
- Ensure proper execution of the OGM and the IGM protocols at operations and report on a monthly basis to GM and PDL.
- Responsible for escalation of any new grievances at operations including Voluntary Principles on Safety and Human Rights (VPSHR) to the GM and PDL and provide feedback and risk mitigation going forward.
- Complete and manage annual departmental budgets and planning for mine community development, enterprise development and operational cost of the department.
- Provide guidelines and leadership on the best practices to ensure the site retains its social license to operate.
- Ensure the effective functioning and reporting of onsite committees which impacts on the operations social license to operate.
- Liaise and coordinate activities with other departments which impact on the sites license to operate such as Communications, Security, Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ).
- Managing the production and dissemination of information with targeted publics through appropriate channels in line with the company mission and vision.
- Managing and implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- Managing the department’s internal and external communication.
- Complete on time all internal and external reporting requirements by set deadlines and ensure effective capturing of information to present as Portfolios of Evidence for audit purposes (internally and externally).
- Assist with the collection and compilation of social information for the annual PDL sustainability report.
- Coordinate onsite activities which relate to WDL Foundation and ensure reporting of project budgets and progress when required.
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation Audit: Ensure that all Social Performance reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules.
- Identify, report and provide advice and guidance on all social risks that could impact the mine. Implement appropriate mitigation measure to prevent or minimize the risk.
- Advise on areas of risk to the sites social license to operate and how to mitigate the risk.
- Manage the progress of all mine community development projects and report any progress or risk including tracking spend.
- Ensure Contractor Compliance according to the Company Policy and state laws related to social obligations.
- Safety, Health and Environment: Model behavior that is consistent with the Company Safety Vision and Values.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences or Environment Sciences (B.Sc. Environmental Science Degree) or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ experience in Social Compliance, Community Development and Enterprise Development within the mining industry with a minimum of 3 years in a lower mid management role.
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office/excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English/Swahili
Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge on the principles of stakeholder engagement and management.
- Planning, coordinating and prioritizing
- Attention to detail
- Customer relations
- Team Player
Mode of Application:
Candidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 30th September, 2021 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P 0. Box 23,
Or drop the same through the following email, [email protected]
NB: Please complete an external job application form available on http://www.petradiamonds.com/careers/current-vacancies).
Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy (2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 30th October, 2021 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.