Position Summary The specialist will be responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of childhood diseases. The position will also include providing administrative oversight to the pediatric service at the facility.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess sick children to determine their condition and ask intuitive questions to gather information about symptoms.
- Reach an informed diagnosis based on scientific knowledge and individual medical history.
- Prescribe and interpret appropriate lab tests to gain more information for possible infections or abnormalities.
- Prescribe medications and give detailed instructions for administration.
- Ensure vaccines are administered according to the government vaccination plan and international guidelines.
- Examine and treat injuries and refer to physicians of other disciplines when necessary.
- Advise parents on children’s diet, exercise and disease preventive measures.
- Keep updated records of patients’ illnesses, medical episodes which will help you to prepare government and organizational reports on disease statistics, workforce evaluations, or the medical status of individuals.
- Define, implement and monitor standards of performance and quality improvement of pediatric services.
- Work in collaboration with staff at the facility to ensure highest standards of pediatric care
·Master Degree in Pediatrics from a recognized University.
·Must have Registration from Medical Council of Tanganyika (MCT).
·Must have valid Retention Certificate from Medical Council of Tanganyika (MCT).
·In depth knowledge of children epidemiology and infectious diseases.
Job Experience:Will be added advantage
Job application procedure: Please send your CV, Cover Letter and other testimonies to [email protected] on or before 10th January 2023.